“This is a great boutique hotel!!!!”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“This is a great boutique hotel!!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Love the hot tea and cookies and the full breakfast that is included. Within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Comfortable room and Lynn and the front desk was super helpful and very welcoming. She even recommended some restaurants to us. Only negative is that there isn't onsite parking. You have to park in a parking garage around the corner and its $20 a day.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear CMT23831

Wow, what a great review and what a great title...."This is a GREAT Boutique Hotel". Thanks for staying with us and thanks for the kind words, we appreciate both.

It was clear that you enjoyed your stay with us, that's for sure.

And yes, TripAdvisor readers, we are a historic hotel, build back in 1856; so we refer our guests to the garage on 2nd street. It's currently $19 with our hotel discount; this is a great deal since other hotels charge $27 and up!

Anyway, we loved your comments, come back soon.

JM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Selbyville, DE, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in Philly because of an early morning appointment at the Passport Office. Perfect location, right across the street. Very nice decor in the Lobby and our room. A hot breakfast included with the stay was a nice bonus. It's an older hotel, but the room was clean and the bedding was comfortable. The Front Desk Staff was very helpful & friendly. The only downside was no on site parking or valet service, but there is a reasonable parking garage a block away. I would stay here again if I had business in this part of the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Patrick G
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed February 24, 2014

As I said, location. Very good place to stay when visiting old historic Philadelphia. It's a boutique hotel small rooms but more than adequate. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel provides parking at a nearby lot. You do not need to use your car for the areas attractions. Everything you need is within walking distance. Great restaurants are minutes away. After the hotel breakfast, we were able to go to the tourist centre by 8:30 AM. A full day of sight seeing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night while in Olde City. From the moment you walk in, you are welcomed by the historic, cozy look of the lobby and the really friendly staff. They have complimentary breakfast which is a plus and late afternoon tea and cookies, totally reminded me of a bed & breakfast. The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. The TV is hidden to maintain the historic look of the room, which is such a cute touch to this hotel. Downstairs the woman at the desk was super helpful with suggestions in the area as well as called ahead to the italian restaurant down the street to get us in on a Friday night. Would definitely stay here again. But one night definitely was not enough to explore all this city has to offer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel after traveling all day during 2/12 snow storm from Las Vegas finally made it to Philly . Teeza at the front desk was super helpful, Room's very nice, big screen, excellent wireless service and the breakfast area was ready to go at 6 am even though the official opening was 7 am. I'd stay here again !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kevin B
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Kevin B,

Wow....thanks for giving the Independence Park Hotel a PERFECT score on your TripAdvisor review. And thanks for staying with us as well.

I am so pleased that you found our desk team super helpful and that our rooms had excellent WIFI service and that you enjoyed the big flat screen TV as well. This is great news, especially from someone who spend a day traveling in a major snow storm!

Anyway, thanks for the great review and for selecting the Independence Park Hotel...and for telling the world that you would certainly...."stay here again!"

Come back soon, but please leave the snow out west!

THANKS

JM
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Being a positive person I feel uncomfortable writing a negative review but will to hopefully save others from the horrible experience I had at this hotel. Arriving late on a freezing night with my room paid for but due to being short on funds with no money on my credit card (due to it tied up overnight because of an internet transfer over a public holiday back in my homeland) I was unable to pay for the incidentals charge. So although I had paid for a room, I was not permitted to stay because couldn't pay the incidentals amount. I thought I would be on the streets for the night. I went to another hotel and explained my predicament who without hesitation gave me a room, I cried tears of relief. In the morning I paid for my room and am enjoying six nights at this absolutely first class in service, friendliness and fantastic rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Aussiegirl2014
Wyoming,
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

A Wedding Weekend in mid January 2014. We took advantage of their "Own the Inn" program for our daughters Wedding , family and friends from Florida , North Carolina, New York, Wyoming, Spain and elsewhere all together.
Rehearsal party in lobby and atrium (catered), a post reception gathering, breakfast every day and tea and cookies each afternoon. Spectacular staff in every respect: organized by Suzanne Heller and supported every day in every way by all employees. They seemed like family by the time we left. My wife and I spent 2 weeks here and that included 2 days in the lobby due to heavy snow storm. Never any problems or complaints. Just terrific.

Stayed January 2014