“Cozy and super friendly staff”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night while in Olde City. From the moment you walk in, you are welcomed by the historic, cozy look of the lobby and the really friendly staff. They have complimentary breakfast which is a plus and late afternoon tea and cookies, totally reminded me of a bed & breakfast. The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. The TV is hidden to maintain the historic look of the room, which is such a cute touch to this hotel. Downstairs the woman at the desk was super helpful with suggestions in the area as well as called ahead to the italian restaurant down the street to get us in on a Friday night. Would definitely stay here again. But one night definitely was not enough to explore all this city has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel after traveling all day during 2/12 snow storm from Las Vegas finally made it to Philly . Teeza at the front desk was super helpful, Room's very nice, big screen, excellent wireless service and the breakfast area was ready to go at 6 am even though the official opening was 7 am. I'd stay here again !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Kevin B
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Kevin B,

Wow....thanks for giving the Independence Park Hotel a PERFECT score on your TripAdvisor review. And thanks for staying with us as well.

I am so pleased that you found our desk team super helpful and that our rooms had excellent WIFI service and that you enjoyed the big flat screen TV as well. This is great news, especially from someone who spend a day traveling in a major snow storm!

Anyway, thanks for the great review and for selecting the Independence Park Hotel...and for telling the world that you would certainly...."stay here again!"

Come back soon, but please leave the snow out west!

THANKS

JM

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Being a positive person I feel uncomfortable writing a negative review but will to hopefully save others from the horrible experience I had at this hotel. Arriving late on a freezing night with my room paid for but due to being short on funds with no money on my credit card (due to it tied up overnight because of an internet transfer over a public holiday back in my homeland) I was unable to pay for the incidentals charge. So although I had paid for a room, I was not permitted to stay because couldn't pay the incidentals amount. I thought I would be on the streets for the night. I went to another hotel and explained my predicament who without hesitation gave me a room, I cried tears of relief. In the morning I paid for my room and am enjoying six nights at this absolutely first class in service, friendliness and fantastic rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Aussiegirl2014
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

A Wedding Weekend in mid January 2014. We took advantage of their "Own the Inn" program for our daughters Wedding , family and friends from Florida , North Carolina, New York, Wyoming, Spain and elsewhere all together.
Rehearsal party in lobby and atrium (catered), a post reception gathering, breakfast every day and tea and cookies each afternoon. Spectacular staff in every respect: organized by Suzanne Heller and supported every day in every way by all employees. They seemed like family by the time we left. My wife and I spent 2 weeks here and that included 2 days in the lobby due to heavy snow storm. Never any problems or complaints. Just terrific.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Loved every single thing about this hotel. Staff were friendly and went above and beyond for me when I need something. Lobby looks fantastic and elegant. Wonderful breakfast and cookies in the afternoon. Only thing that I would say negative is we had no refrigerator and that was inconvenient. We had a queen room. Bed and pillows were so comfortable. While I know it is that way at most hotels, didn't like paying for parking. I would have stayed at the hotel another night with the money I spent on parking. I did have a great rate for a promo they had as well. Be sure to check those. Great job to the hotel staff and with keeping things at this historic landmark looking perfect. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank discogirl77
Reviewed January 22, 2014

In Philly for a friend's wedding and stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is walking distance to Independence Park and numerous restaurants and bars. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was small yet cozy and clean. It had a good shower and a comfortable bed. The high ceilings kept it from feeling too small. The historic nature of the hotel fit in with the neighborhood and added to the experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy909
Reviewed January 20, 2014

In from Chicago for a friend's wedding, and the experience was fantastic. Warm and helpful staff bent over backwards to help with restaurant recommendations, directions and hotel amenities. After we checked in, they called us 20 minutes later in our room to ensure everyone was perfect. Beds so comfortable, not too firm or soft. Linens were very comfortable. Room was near elevator but only occasional guest voices, normal for any hotel. Many wedding guests stayed here, so we could visit in lobby or lower level had tables and chairs. Substantial spread for breakfast with hot items and something for everyone. The whole experience had the charm of a B and B but more privacy and variety. Enjoyed the location and it was an easy walk to historical sites. The hotel felt like an extension of our friends' homes (the bride and groom) and I am sure they would be pleased their guests were so well attended and cared for. I also felt the value was huge. Would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: We stayed in 503, which faced the atrium not the street, so no street noise. I meant to select "...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear KCIDAHO

Wow, you made me smile when you wrote on TripAdvisor" I wish every hotel was like this one!" Thanks and thanks for staying with us as well.

I am so pleased that your experience at the Independence Park Hotel was "Fantastic", that our "staff bent over backwards to help" and that you found our beds "so comfortable...linens very comfortable" and that our free breakfast buffet had "something for everyone".

We host many wedding parties, since there are many venues footsteps from our Inn. It's great to know that we took great care of your entire party, thanks for the great TripAdvisor review.

Come back soon...and often!

JM