“another great stay”

Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Jefferson, Wisconsin
“another great stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel for the second time this year. Staff again went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, and everyone from housekeeping to breakfast and front desk staff remembered us from out February 2013 stay. The lobby was being renovated but that didn't impact our visit as the lobby simply moved to the breakfast area and meeting rooms for coffee, cookies and socializing. The renovation should be complete by now. A great boutique hotel in a great location, with wonderful staff, comfortable beds, close to historic sites and more great restaurants than we could visit during our stays. We will be back again later this summer.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel are quieter especially on weekends, we did not find the street n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear LCB53549 ,

Nice to have you stay with us again at the Best Western Independence Park Hotel. We appreciate your continued business and just loved reading your review. THANKS

In fact, this line really sums up how so many of our guests feel about our hotel " A great boutique hotel in a great location, with wonderful staff, comfortable beds, close to historic sites and more great restaurants than we could visit during our stays."

We look forward to having you "back again later this summer".

And yes, the lobby renovations are complete and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

JM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Anderson SC, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel was a terrific place to stay while in Philadelphia. It is extremely convenient to historic sites and other parts of the city are available through buses. The staff was very nice and we enjoyed staying in a historic hotel while visiting historic Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arcadia, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is only 2 blocks away from the historical areas of Philadelphia. It is located in a quiet neighborhood and is very affordable compared to the other boutique hotels around the historic district. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's convenient to have their complimentary breakfast which had a variety of hot and cold items. The room was a bit small, but that's to be expected due to the location in the historic area. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Excellent place to be a home base to explore the historic area, riverfront and downtown by foot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear photodiver12

Thanks for the accurate and gracious review posted on TripAdvisor about the Independence Park Hotel. And thanks for staying with us, we appreciate both!

Your review was great to read, since this is exactly how we represent our hotel, I liked reading when you wrote "quiet neighborhood and is very affordable compared to the other boutique hotels around the historic district."

Plus, we are pleased that you found that our "staff is very friendly and helpful" and the hotel is an"Excellent place... to explore the historic area, riverfront and downtown by foot." We agree!

Anyway, thanks for staying with us and come visit us again soon!

dryden, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great location right on the beach, great views, food (breakfast was included in package as was 3 lunches and two dinner coupons). Staff was wonderful. My friend has been going there for over 25 years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This Best Western is in a great location with easy access to great food and affordable parking. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and although the rooms are small without much of a view, it was still a very comfortable stay. As a traveler very unfamiliar with Philadelphia, it was nice to find a quality hotel in an inviting area of the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Our check in was wonderful and lynn is above and beyond in her customer service. She knows the area well and gives excellent advice. The breakfast is nice. I travel frequently and I am careful when making reservations. We had two moms and each of our 15 year old daughters. I requested two queen beds, a quiet room and close to or ajoining with another party we were with. The room was quiet and on same floor as our friends. However, the room we were given was very small and had double beds that take up most of the room. We tried to make the best of it but after one night we went to the front desk and told the gentleman that we had paid for queen beds and was there a room with queen beds. He told me the problem was that I made my reservation with general Best Western and that they don't always know their hotels. He than said had I called the hotel directly it would have been better. I told him I called as a customer and had no idea I was to call hotel directly. He told me there were bigger rooms with queens but one would not be available until the next day. I then asked to have my room charge to reflect paying for doubles instead of queens. He then offered putting a refrigerator in the room. There was not enough room for one! This was not my question either. He then offered $15 off for our second night. I asked about the first night and he said he didn't think so and would have to ask the general manager. At this point I know I was polite and patient and I was getting horrible customer service...he just appeared not to care about resolving this. I then inquired about checking out and was allowed to do so. My advice, request room on quiet side call the hotel directly, make sure you are not in the little room by the elevator and pray you get Lynn to help you. Lastly, hotel is old and small the plus is it is not crazy packed like the larger hotels. The hotel could use some updating. I based my decision to go here by reading trip advisor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 102963,

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, in fact I am somewhat confused by your review. Please let me explain...

First, the Independence Park Hotel is a historic hotel and located in the city's historic district; thus some of our rooms are a bit smaller than the newer properties. We represent ourselves this way and this fact is often mentioned on TripAdvisor; it's also part of the charm in staying with us.

But what confuses me most is how after our staff tried to accommodate your request, even offered a discount, extra amenities and more; that you felt our service lacked. I am sorry that you feel this way and hope you were able to find larger rooms elsewhere.

We do suggest that guests always contact the hotel directly, this is the best way to book and learn about the property first hand. Perhaps this would have helped in your situation.

Nonetheless, we appreciate your selecting the Best Western Independence Park Hotel and hope you had a pleasant visit in Philadelphia.

Respectfully,

The Colony, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Anyone who gives this place 4 stars or less obviously doesn't know anything about hotels or customer service. Don't miss out on this hidden gem! This building boasts modern amenities while maintaining the feel of an historic building.

From the time we walked in the door, we were politely greeted by Lynn. She was extremely helpful. From restaurant and sightseeing recommendations to the SEPTA train and bus schedules - she knows it all! Friendly, outgoing, lively, and bubbly personality. Even the staff went out of their way to meet our needs. They were friendly, attentive, and said good morning to us everyday at breakfast. I highly recommend staying here if you are planning a trip to the area. It is in Center City and has close proximity to everything - shops, restaurants, and attractions. Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family