“Boutique hotel close to attractions”

Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Rockville, Maryland, Usa
“Boutique hotel close to attractions”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is located in an old building, so the rooms are small. This and lack of on-site parking (a parking garage is 1.5 blocks away) are the only deficiencies worth mentioning. On the positive side, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is very good (cold/hot cereal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, sweets), the staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated few blocks away from the historical landmarks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Oleg O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a winter weekend in Philly (2 nights.) The Best Western near Independence Park is a great hotel with great location and service. We easily parked our car and were able to walk to all the historic sights. We discovered fun restaurants nearby. We'll be back in the fall with our daughter and son-in-law.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I hate to give this hotel 3 stars but thats what it is. Its an average hotel. Nothing great but nothing really bad. I was super happy with the hotel. I have nothing bad to say about it. On our way to the Dominican Republic we had a little problem with my passport and had to stay here on a sunday night. luckily the us customs house is right across the street so thats why we picked it (short walk in the morning and we missed our flight ne ways) This hotel is in a historic section of town. lots of cool buildings and brick roads in the vicinity. lots of history and great achitecture. close to an awesome dave and busters too and a movie plex where we saw lord of the rings. it was probably the most fun night i had on vacation since dominican republic was horrible. i was actually happy the denied my passport and wouldnt let us board the plane sunday morning.

Room Tip: They are all good i guess
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joshua T
Lititz
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here 1 weekend night. The staff was very friendly and hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast included is good with hot and cold items. The location is perfect for doing the Independence National Park and the old city, all within short walking distance. Many restaurants also near the hotel. Will definitely stay here again if we do the old city again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MDL15
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here for 1 nights but Staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Mr Craig in which he was able to check me in early. Location is convenient- short walk to subway which we took everywhere. Hotel was very clean and I loved the tea time. I'm looking to come back to Philly with my daughter for a weekend and will probably stay here again

Denver, PA
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hotel is in a great location in historic Old City, within walking distance to a number of attractions. Seem to have a very knowledgeble staff, and very friendly. Manager was also kind enough to help me out of a bind that I had with hotels.com (buyer beware!).

I will be back.

White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I loved this place. It is beautiful, clean, comfortable. The front desk staff were by far the best I have encountered! The room was magnificent. It didn't look or feel like a motel room, more like a bedroom. The bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of it. The breakfast room was nice and the staff helpful. I would highly recommend this motel for anyone staying in the Philadelphia area.

1 Thank Breezy6061
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at Best Western Plus Independence Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Breezy6061,

"The BEST Best Western"; wow, what a great honor! We love your review and appreciate your posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Thanks.

And you had so many wonderful things to say about the Independence Park Hotel; "beautiful, clean, comfortable" plus, "magnificent, comfortable, helpful"...thank you, so much.

Anyway, I see you are from White Sulfur Springs, WV; home of the Greenbrier Resort; one of my favorite hotels. I am glad the Independence Park Hotel is now one of your favorite hotels!

Come back soon.