“Best of Philly in Philly”

Tony Luke's Old Philly Style Sandwiches
Ranked #59 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best of Philly in Philly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tony Luke's is the gold standard for Philly cheese steaks (locally "Steaks") in Philly. Pass on Pats, Geno's dont know. It's all about Tony Lukes!

Visited October 2013

Newport News, Virginia
“Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my Philly Cheesesteak. I will definitely go back. We visited on a Sunday afternoon after checking out of our hotel. There was a long line and only one window to order out of. I had time to plan out my meal. I wanted the salt and vinegar fries, but they were out of them. So I just got regular fries. The dining area is small and there aren't much tables. I was praying that someone would be finished eating by the time we were done ordering because we had a long drive back to Virginia. We lucked up and got a table. They call your name when your food is available. It didn't take long for our food to be ready, considering the large amount of people in there. I would eat here again.

1 Thank echappell86
Princeton, New Jersey
“its tony ukes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

pre or post game whats to say it tony lukes the place for steaks & pork sandwiches
call ahead for pick up thats the deal

Visited September 2013
Newburgh, Indiana
“Everything I imagined it would be, and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Well I have to say this was hands down the highlight of my trip to Philly. When you think of Philly Cheesesteaks, Pat and Gino's come to mind...but I read they were a little overrated. So I asked a local when I got in town, where they think the best is, and they recommended Tony Luke's. I decided to give it a try, and WOW!!!!! Not only was this the best cheesesteak I have ever had in my life, but it was everything I was hoping for when I took my first bite of a really Philly Cheesesteak. They are a little off the main drag of downtown, but passing up this place with be doing a dis-service to you.

• Visited October 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Poor service Street stand w/ Tasty Cheese Steaks (2.8 out of 5)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

My visit was on 10/9/2013 for dinner. I've been here several times before. There was only one person ahead of me in the line which was the shortest it's ever been. Still, I waited about 10 minutes for my food. The workers behind the counter are not the friendliest bunch of characters. They're kind of rude and short with you. I guess that's the Philadelphia "charm". Well, whatever it is, it's a poor attitude to have with your customers.

They take your name with your order as if it's a friendly thing to do yet it's really not. Take my name, give me a number, it's makes no difference with their attitudes. This place is basically a stand on the side of the road with limited tables and no restrooms. There's no ambiance here. Parking is along the street, but they do provide a small parking lot underneath I-95 which is what I used.

I ordered a Cheese Steak with American, mayo, fried onions, tomato, and hots which came to $10.44 after tax. It was delicious and the only reason I come back here from time to time. Lots of people rave about the roasted pork with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone.

If you've never been here before, you'll want to come here with someone else who has if possible. That way the veteran can school you on what to get here and how the place operates in general.

• Visited October 2013