“Best in Philly”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love cheesesteaks. I just moved to Philly from NY and made it my goal to hunt down the best choice for cheesesteaks in Philly, it is Tony Luke's. Sandwiches are big, offer plenty of fixin's on the sandwich and on the side, and well worth what is often a wait in line. Anytime I am anywhere near SE Philly, I always make my way to Tony Luke's

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Made an off season (not baseball season yet) trip to Tony Luke's with my family since my son wanted a TL's cheesesteak for his birthday meal. An hour each way but was worth every second. Kids got steaks. My wife and I had the Pork Italian. So delicious each and every time - and the bread! Soo good! Do yourself a favor and check out this place. It is worth the lines and the limited seating - it's that good.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Come here for the perfect cheesesteak! The locals kept telling us that Tony Luke's was the best and now we know why. My husband and I each got ours made differently so we could try a couple of options and both were AWESOME!! We even came back on our last day and took some back to the family in California. Yes, they will pack them to travel and everyone loved them. Will be the first and last stop I make next time I am in Philly!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I drove 1-1/4 hrs to get there, ate our sandwiches, turned around and drove 1-1/4 hr home. The whole drive there I felt like Pavlov's dog, salivating at the idea of a Tony Luke's Roast Beef sandwich. My husband got their signature Pork with Broccoli Rabe, we both had the hard provolone cheese. It was 20 deg. out yesterday, and we ate at their picnic tables bundled in our coats, and it was still amazing. There are not many places I'd drive that far for a sandwich, to wait on line, and sit in the cold to eat it, but Tony Luke's is that good.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Tony Luke's in June of 2012. It was so good! There was a very long line but the line went very fast. The wait for food was not long either. It was so busy when we were there all the tables were taken so we sat in our car. I would drive to Philly just to eat at Tony Luke's!