“Great tasting pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great location on market and 2nd street. Around corner from Sheraton Society Hill. Outside and inside seating. Happening area! Bars, restaurants all around. Great people watching. Had pizza late at night after a couple of beers at Red Sky next door. Fresh and tasty. Next day, on way back to hotel, stopped for a couple of slices before having dinner in a few hours. Lots of choices. Fresh and tasty. Recommend if you are looking for great tasting pizza in this area.

1  Thank toorelaxed

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family and I were in Philly over the weekend and it was late for my kids. They were getting hungry so we asked a local where we could get pizza and they suggested Soho Pizza. We walked a couple of blocks and had some pizza. Not only was the pizza fabulous the service was awsome!! The guys were so nice to my kids as well as us. We will be going back!! Thanks guys!!

3  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not far from Independence Hall, and exactly what we wanted for lunch! Very friendly service and wonderful pizza with good garlic flavor and a nice thin crust. We were so happy we stumbled on this place. The lunch special was a fountain soda free with purchase of 2 slices. There was outside seating for good people watching on a beautiful day. Perfect casual lunch!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

On our first ever excursion to Philadelphia, we were looking for a local spot to eat (as opposed to what you can get anywhere in the country). We had paused in front of Soho’s Pizza for just a few seconds, looking over their posted menu, as we had done to at least 5 other joints prior, when up popped one of the owners, Penny. She was instantly warm, friendly and hospitality. We found ourselves inside in less than two minutes; and are darned glad we did!

This pizza is the absolutely best stuff we have ever tasted (sorry, Chicago, but 2nd place isn't anything to be ashamed of now!). We did their chicken ranch and a roni that afternoon. My finicky 13 yr old even said she loved this stuff (prior to this the only thing she ever vocalized loving was her iPod and we parents at allowance time). The atmosphere is very rustic, old school brick and wood, and relaxingly pleasant. We chose to use the back quiet spot rather than the sits-2 wall stations along the wall. Nothing fancy-dancy here - all effort is apparently placed in quality and flavor!

The next day we were again looking for our repast local when we found ourselves passing in front of Soho’s again. Hey - Why not!? Same great service and Penny remembered us (I hope that was a good reflection on us!). We changed gears and went to my wife's first Philly cheese steak, and I - Mom's Chicken Sandwich and a slice of cheese (just to sample the basic pizza fare). Daughter opted for a 2nd run on the roni slice. It was obvious that all the quality of their stone oven baked pizza was also the basis for their other food! Because the weather was nice, we chose to eat outside on the "patio" sidewalk.

(Dead serious here, folks....I am salivating just recalling this lunch, but am now unfortunately 100's of miles away from adequate relief!).

We found ourselves recommending the place to other passers-by who were looking for lunch. My wife got offered a job for our efforts! These other folks apparently love the food as well, giving me a big smile and thumbs up later.

We did eat without group at a couple of other places this trip, but breaking off and doing Soho's on our own (twice!) was the best choice of our trip. The only thing that I can ding these people on is that they did not open this shop up closer to Green Bay (more on that later in my next book, "Packer Fans in Philly - And How They Lived to Tell the Tale!") 8^)

Soho says they have the best pizza in Philly - they got my vote on this!

2  Thank ynotbloom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Awesome slice of pizza! Sit in the tiny pizza shop and watch them make the pizzas and slide them into the brick oven, or take a slice to go. Great location in Old City Philadelphia. The owners were very helpful in helping some tourists (us) find some real gems in the city. This is the only restaurant we re-visited while in Philly for 3 days!

1  Thank GreenHokies