$164
$134
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

$147
$208
$149
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$242
$223
  • Free Internet
$155
$149
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $228/night.

$150
$139
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$314
$217
Kimpton
$169
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

All reviewsitalian marketsouth streetsummer breezesecret roomcontinental breakfastfull kitchenparking garagefirst floorwithin walking distancecoffee makerfew blocksmini fridgethree blocksopened the doorhistorical areaair conditionerbed was very comfortable
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was just talking to the manager of this Bed and Breakfast and I figured the bad reviews are from people that don't mind reading and/or asking for anything. I am checking out today and me and my husband had a GREAT stay!
The staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is a cold-self-service-continental breakfast, we knew that from the beginning and honestly, they provide more than they should.
For those who are looking for luxury this is not the place but if you are looking for an old-style house in the heart of Philly with great people and great food around for sure this is where you should go. Clean rooms and very affordable.

Room Tip: I found the Oasis and the Autumn Mist very pretty. They also have wine!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer K
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Hotel Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thank you for you review. To help future guests understand our generous Self Serve Continental Breakfast I am posting the description that is displayed at www.philadelphiabellavistabnb.com. ""LITE SELF SERVICE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST offers Coffee, Tea, Baked Goods, a Variety of Hot and Cold Cereals, Fruit juice, Milk and Half & Half. Butter, Jelly and Cream Cheese are the Condiments Provided. Snacks Include Micro Wave Popcorn, Cookies and Candy. There is a variety of Fruit Provided and Available in the Common Area.
ALL ARE SELF SERVICE IN YOUR OWN ROOM OR PRIVATE DINNING AREA""
We would love to see you again on your next visit to Philadelphia and hope it will be soon.
All the best,
Dan & Barbara

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in the Summer Breeze room, lovely. Parking on the streets suck but we found free parking on 11th st. From there we walked everywhere, great neighborhood!
The room was clean and decent decorated. The hosts also very friendly and for breakfast we went to Sabrina's to get a real American one.

I recommend this place, will be back again!

Room Tip: Summer Breeze has 2 beds. Perfect for 3 people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here because it was near my son's apartment, so the location was ideal. However, the entire time of my 5 days there, I saw no one anywhere in the building except for a couple of Spanish-speaking maids. There was no one to greet or welcome me, no one to ask questions, & no one that could provide suggestions of places to see or good restaurants in the area, etc. Thank goodness for Google Maps!

Also, the decor & general upkeep of the apartment needed serious TLC. When I turned on the lamp in my room, the entire top fell over. I had to prop it against the wall in order to use it. The staff came to my "shared" living quarters door while I was dressing & wanted inside, but fortunately I had locked it. They came back later only to remove the entire lock from the door so it couldn't be locked at all. This left a tacky, gaping hole in the door. (Juvenile behavior) There were pieces of baseboard missing in the bathroom & splotches of mismatched paint on the ceiling. The bathroom door was (no kidding) no more than 25" wide. Way too narrow so you'd have to walk sideways thru the door! The apartment had an ant problem & the only view was the side of the adjacent building. The front door was even narrower than the bathroom door so you sometimes had to try more than once to wedge yourself thru. Since I didn't see any English-speaking tenants while I was there, I didn't even know til the last day there was an actual living room that was available for our use. I wouldn't have used it anyway cos it was right next to the manager's office--not much privacy.

In my travels & staying at B&Bs, I have never experienced a worse "breakfast" than this one. Breakfasts included in these places have generally provided hot, homemade food, fruit, pastries, breads, & beverages. This establishment provided a basket at the bottom of the stairs with day-old (if not more) bread, bagels, & English muffins in plastic baggies & a few apples & bananas. The uneaten fruit would stay in the basket day after day until the bananas turned brown. Disgusting.

There was nowhere to sit outside that I knew of except a small bench near the street, which wasn't really conducive to reading. Since I saw no one, there wasn't anyone to talk to about that.

Room Tip: Don't take any rooms on the top floor. Request one with a view & a wider than 25" bathroom door. Don't expect to meet a lot of people there...not even the owner(s).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Hotel Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We have staff from 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday, Saturdays and Sundays me and my husband are around all day, we live in one of the buildings, we can always be reached on the phone or by email. I am sorry you did not see anybody but we have 3 buildings.

Best wishes.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights at the end of April when we traveling along the American East Coast. The website and photos looked very nice, but we were appalled to see discolored mold on the walls of both of the bedrooms we stayed in. Also, the mattress of the bed that my wife and I shared was hard as a rock. It sounded like a great concept, but we were very disappointed. Our kids also saw a blood stain on their toilet. I wish we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S

Sorry about that, we got it fixed as soon as we were notified.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful, clean room with whimsical and quirky decorating and a wonderfully historic vibe; good location (the breakfast at Morning Glory across the street itself is worth booking!); no A/C. My only complaint was the staff's borderline aggressive requirement that I set up a check-in time in advance and then their repeated calls to me on the day that I was supposed to check-in to make sure I'd still be arriving at the time I'd specified.

Room Tip: The Philadelphian Suite was even more spacious than the photos on the website indicated with lots of details and charm.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple