$155
$125
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$134
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$153
$149
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$181
$172
$149
Loews Hotels
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

$130
$112
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$158
$147
Kimpton
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$142
$132
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$207
$159
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

All reviewsitalian marketsouth streetsummer breezesecret roomcontinental breakfastfull kitchenparking garageliving roomfirst floorwithin walking distancecoffee makerfew blocksmini fridgethree blocksopened the doorhistorical areaair conditioner
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here because it was near my son's apartment, so the location was ideal. However, the entire time of my 5 days there, I saw no one anywhere in the building except for a couple of Spanish-speaking maids. There was no one to greet or welcome me, no one to ask questions, & no one that could provide suggestions of places to see or good restaurants in the area, etc. Thank goodness for Google Maps!

Also, the decor & general upkeep of the apartment needed serious TLC. When I turned on the lamp in my room, the entire top fell over. I had to prop it against the wall in order to use it. The staff came to my "shared" living quarters door while I was dressing & wanted inside, but fortunately I had locked it. They came back later only to remove the entire lock from the door so it couldn't be locked at all. This left a tacky, gaping hole in the door. (Juvenile behavior) There were pieces of baseboard missing in the bathroom & splotches of mismatched paint on the ceiling. The bathroom door was (no kidding) no more than 25" wide. Way too narrow so you'd have to walk sideways thru the door! The apartment had an ant problem & the only view was the side of the adjacent building. The front door was even narrower than the bathroom door so you sometimes had to try more than once to wedge yourself thru. Since I didn't see any English-speaking tenants while I was there, I didn't even know til the last day there was an actual living room that was available for our use. I wouldn't have used it anyway cos it was right next to the manager's office--not much privacy.

In my travels & staying at B&Bs, I have never experienced a worse "breakfast" than this one. Breakfasts included in these places have generally provided hot, homemade food, fruit, pastries, breads, & beverages. This establishment provided a basket at the bottom of the stairs with day-old (if not more) bread, bagels, & English muffins in plastic baggies & a few apples & bananas. The uneaten fruit would stay in the basket day after day until the bananas turned brown. Disgusting.

There was nowhere to sit outside that I knew of except a small bench near the street, which wasn't really conducive to reading. Since I saw no one, there wasn't anyone to talk to about that.

Room Tip: Don't take any rooms on the top floor. Request one with a view & a wider than 25" bathroom door. Don't expect to meet a lot of people there...not even the owner(s).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dan M, Owner at Philadelphia Hotel Bella Vista, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We have staff from 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday, Saturdays and Sundays me and my husband are around all day, we live in one of the buildings, we can always be reached on the phone or by email. I am sorry you did not see anybody but we have 3 buildings.

Best wishes.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family of four stayed here for two nights at the end of April when we traveling along the American East Coast. The website and photos looked very nice, but we were appalled to see discolored mold on the walls of both of the bedrooms we stayed in. Also, the mattress of the bed that my wife and I shared was hard as a rock. It sounded like a great concept, but we were very disappointed. Our kids also saw a blood stain on their toilet. I wish we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob S

Sorry about that, we got it fixed as soon as we were notified.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful, clean room with whimsical and quirky decorating and a wonderfully historic vibe; good location (the breakfast at Morning Glory across the street itself is worth booking!); no A/C. My only complaint was the staff's borderline aggressive requirement that I set up a check-in time in advance and then their repeated calls to me on the day that I was supposed to check-in to make sure I'd still be arriving at the time I'd specified.

Room Tip: The Philadelphian Suite was even more spacious than the photos on the website indicated with lots of details and charm.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night in the Secret Room on visit to Philadelphia. It does have a good location in an Italian neighborhood about 15 minutes walk from all the sites. There is not any parking nearby except a parking garage a few blocks away, which was $17 for 24 hours, I think. The room does have a few amenitites, such as a microwave, coffeepot and toaster, as well as a mini fridge with water, juice and milk. The breakfast is definitely strange, with pieces of bread, bagels, and muffins in zip lock bags in the hallway and a basket of fruit for everyone to help themselves. The room was by itself on the top of its own private stairway. The electricity for the room was supplied by extension cords running up the edge of the stairs. The light switch in the bathroom didn't work, there was a small dim lamp mounted on the wall supplying the only light. There was an antique dressing table in the room that I was afraid to touch because one of the side mirrors was broken and falling out, just propped up against the back. The bed was fine, and I appreciated the several types of pillows on the bed to choose from, including a contour memory foam pillow. I think the place could be very nice if they did some repairs and cleaning and provided a little bit better service for breakfast besides bread in a ziplock. The location is good and it has potential if the upkeep were better.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelissaAk
Reviewed March 27, 2013

great place... nothing more to say. The hosts were super friendly. I love visiting Philadelphia and this was the perfect place to stay. We were close to a lot of very great attractions. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends