All reviewsitalian marketsouth streetsummer breezesecret roomcontinental breakfastfull kitchenparking garageliving roomfirst floorwithin walking distancecoffee makerfew blocksmini fridgethree blocksopened the doorhistorical areaair conditioner
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Beautiful, clean room with whimsical and quirky decorating and a wonderfully historic vibe; good location (the breakfast at Morning Glory across the street itself is worth booking!); no A/C. My only complaint was the staff's borderline aggressive requirement that I set up a check-in time in advance and then their repeated calls to me on the day that I was supposed to check-in to make sure I'd still be arriving at the time I'd specified.

Room Tip: The Philadelphian Suite was even more spacious than the photos on the website indicated with lots of details and charm.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night in the Secret Room on visit to Philadelphia. It does have a good location in an Italian neighborhood about 15 minutes walk from all the sites. There is not any parking nearby except a parking garage a few blocks away, which was $17 for 24 hours, I think. The room does have a few amenitites, such as a microwave, coffeepot and toaster, as well as a mini fridge with water, juice and milk. The breakfast is definitely strange, with pieces of bread, bagels, and muffins in zip lock bags in the hallway and a basket of fruit for everyone to help themselves. The room was by itself on the top of its own private stairway. The electricity for the room was supplied by extension cords running up the edge of the stairs. The light switch in the bathroom didn't work, there was a small dim lamp mounted on the wall supplying the only light. There was an antique dressing table in the room that I was afraid to touch because one of the side mirrors was broken and falling out, just propped up against the back. The bed was fine, and I appreciated the several types of pillows on the bed to choose from, including a contour memory foam pillow. I think the place could be very nice if they did some repairs and cleaning and provided a little bit better service for breakfast besides bread in a ziplock. The location is good and it has potential if the upkeep were better.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelissaAk
Reviewed March 27, 2013

great place... nothing more to say. The hosts were super friendly. I love visiting Philadelphia and this was the perfect place to stay. We were close to a lot of very great attractions. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't consider this a true B&B, as breakfast is not served; however guests are greeted with a Basket of fresh fruit, a good coffee maker and milk/cream, and a choice of various breads and cereals. The decor is, to my mind, a very odd mix of kitsch, but the room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This little B&B is nicely located within walking distance from the city centre of Philadelphia. The rooms are clean and cute, the staff is nice. You have to ring a door bell to get in. The breakfast was really good, they had the cupboards and the fridge full of things to eat. Could stay here again if I came to Philly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple