This was one of our best B&B experiences. Two adjacent buildings, each with a variety of rooms in different decors. (You can view them on the Bella Vista web site) For us, just the right amount of friendliness without being cloying. One recent reviewer seems to like being doted upon and I know many love to chit-chat endlessly with other visitors. My wife and I, in fact, much appreciated not having to deal with all that, leaving us more time to enjoy ourselves in the city, without the burden of having to engage in endless pleasantries with strangers. It is in one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the city, with fabulous restaurants and shopping within a quick walk, and upscale young families mixing with longtime Italian and Irish residents. For its location, which is within walking distance of most of Center City, the price was more than reasonable. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When guests enter this stately Philadelphia town home they are immersed in an inviting world full of character. A complement of antique furnishings, eclectic design, and decorative art, wonderful colors all make for a truly unique and wonderful place to call your Home Away From Home. You will be just a short stroll to many of the city's historic sites, museums, the central business district, the Pennsylvania Convention Center, and the Avenue of the Arts which boast the Kimmel Center, Wilma Theater and the Academy of Music. Just up the street you can visit the Hip South Street Entertainment District that offers more than 75 restaurants, 150 stores, theaters and nightclubs. South Street is adjacent to Penn's Landing Water Front along Columbus Boulevard where you will find more restaurants, history, boating and nightlife. Oh, and by the way don't forget to visit Geno's and Pat's Steaks located in the world famous Italian Market just around the corner. Bella Vista is the home to some of the country's oldest and best Italian restaurants. There are also many fine French, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Mexican and Lebanese restaurants that offer a menu that is ready for your feast. Ah Bella Vista. You will smell the aroma of daily fresh baked Italian Bread from Sarcones Bakery and the Sweet Pastry Aroma coming from Isgro's Baking their world famous cannolis and the Saloon Bakery's preparation of their delicious treats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Philadelphia Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philadelphia Bella Vista Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Bella Vista b&b