“Sister Act Goes Mexican”
Review of Xochitl

Xochitl
Reserve with OpenTable
Xochitl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #950 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: Xochitl serves traditional Mexican fare with a modern twist in a fun and comfortable setting. Enjoy fresh made guacamole, antojitos, ceviches, and platos fuertes. Two full service bars feature hand-squeezed margaritas and fresh specialty cocktails. Our extensive tequila list features over 70 bottles.
Toms River, New Jersey
“Sister Act Goes Mexican”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My sister and I spent a fun filled Saturday evening at Xochitl. Our waiter, Josh, was great. We sat down and told him that we planned on eating our way through (most of) the appetizer menu. We started with the Blood Orange Martini (which is a yummy-d up version of a margarita). The design it yourself guacamole was an inspired idea. It was delicious! The Queso Fundido with the chorizo was excellent and not overly spicy. The mole chicken drummettes were good, but we would have been happy to have a bowl of the mole and forgone the chicken (a little too much fat - a little too little meat). Crab ceviche? Yum.
Mango cake for dessert? Yup! We had fun, the wait staff was sweet, and we'll go back.

• Visited July 2013

Miami, Florida, USA
“Excellent Mex in a good location.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good Margaritas, custom made with fresh squeezed limes by Kate, who was a fantastic bartender. We ended up eating at the bar since she told us the midweek special was the Molcajete Special-make your own tacos with a great selection of ingredients. Also great, customizable quacamole ordered from a checklist of available options. Loved it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank PaulSnood
Istanbul, Turkey
“The Tequila Place”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We walked in when they just closed down the place. After begging for few minutes, they decided to open the bar for a quick shot. If I had another night to stay in town, I would have enjoyed a full night at this cozy, friendly and full of tequila place!

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not your typical mexican”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Yes yes, I know they call it a Tequila bar, but the food is pretty darn good. The guac, especially the spicy, is really good, and for $9 it better be. The portion is the size of a softball, so they do give you a decent amount. Everyone seemed satisfied with their meal, I got the seared salmon which was really really good. Whatever that sauce was...I will come back for that plate again. Service was so-so, it took about 30 minutes to get a glass of wine after I ordered it. Also, the waiter gave us different wine than what we had ordered, or charged it completely differently and tacked on $2. Since it was a group, we didn't realize until after, so really my mistake. All in all, I would return and recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Phila
“Order the Guacamole”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Besides the initial problem of them trying to seat us in the basement where it was damp and warm, it was amazing. The margaritas are really good but pricey. Two margaritas at the bar while we waited for a table upstairs coat $28.00 before tip. They make the guacamole to order and there's a checklist to add other ingredients. It's delicious. The food is very authentic and so was the dessert we got. Service was excellent. Two people two drinks each, guacamole, two meals, one dessert roughly $100 plus tip I think give or take. I'd definitely go back. Place isn't very big and we found street parking on a Saturday at 7.

• Visited May 2013