“A must if in Philly!”
Review of Xochitl

Xochitl
Reserve with OpenTable
Xochitl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #881 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Pine Street
Description: Xochitl serves traditional Mexican fare with a modern twist in a fun and comfortable setting. Enjoy fresh made guacamole, antojitos, ceviches, and platos fuertes. Two full service bars feature hand-squeezed margaritas and fresh specialty cocktails. Our extensive tequila list features over 70 bottles.
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Best homemade margaritas in the city! Unbelievable guacamole- create your own! Food here is to die for. The Decor is laid back, dark, romantic!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wanted Mexican food for dinner in Society Hill. Booked on Open Table-due to good reviews. We were the only people there for dinner at 7:00 pm. Thus, service was excellent. you can choose how you wish the guacamole to be made. unique I thought!
It was delicious but the rest of the meal was so below average. Pity because it is a charming little place.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

They make a chicken dish that is the best I've ever eaten, a bit pricy at $45 for a whole one, but worth it.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

A buzzy tequila bar come restaurant with aspirations to deliver trendsetting mexican cuisine with copious amounts of tequila concoctions. Sadly to say the food is so sub par that the whole experience is marred. Bad food is just that...stone cold fish tacos, inside-out tapas (and only they know why) cold, doughy and with burned meat. Side dishes that were ordered and never served and the list could go on. At $60 for two with only two beers and bad food...not a place that we'd ever recommend.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I don't even know where to start, at first I though I was going into a Mexican restaurant and as soon as I walked in they were playing some techno music, which at first didn't mind but after a half an hour later when I got my first drink, the music got old real quick. It took two hours from the time I order my food till the time I got it. By that time I wasn't even hungry, on top of that the three tacos I order we're cold. The tortillas were stale as hell, I ate what I could but couldnt eat it all. When we asked for our bill, surprisingly it was over $270, we called the waiter and questioned the total, here there was over $70 dollars of margaritas added to our bill when no one on the table order a single margarita. Two and a half hours later we were able to finally get out of there. I will definitely try out every Mexican restaurant in Philladelphia before I comeback to this place!