“Eagles preseason game”

Lincoln Financial Field
Ranked #48 of 462 things to do in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son and I attended an Eagles preseason game several years ago. The field is fantastic. Food/drink vendors are plentiful. Prices are ridiculous but that is to be expected at a sports stadium.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Attended concert on a Friday night. Very organized getting in and out of the venue. Great view from anywhere.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went to training camp at "the linc" twice this year and we really enjoyed it. While it does not have the intimate feel as Lehigh, it is definitely more of a party atmosphere. Go early--there are lots of opportunities outside the stadium to pick up swag on the outside before you get in, but the lines can get long. Also bring a large family to get more chances for autographs --that is usually the kids best part. So, after our initial disappointment of the move, I have to say we did enjoy ourselves.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Everything about our experience at a concert was top notch...until the end. First, it is very easy to get too, and we went a couple hours early and got a great parking spot. The lines for admission were quick and even the ones for souvenirs were fast. We got club level tickets so they had an enclosed concourse around the stadium with bathrooms only for us and air conditioning. Also, we had private concession stands so the lines were very reasonable. The view was great, I bet a football game here would be awesome. We had a rain delay but the staff were very professional about handling a situation that was way out of their hands. Great concert, get back to our car and we just sat there for HOURS. We could see cars driving out (as there was just a slight embankment between us and the holy grail of an exit) but it was like they only cleared one HUGE parking lot at a time. We were staying in the city, but I still would have liked to have gotten out at a decent time. I would think someplace that handles huge events all the time would let some people out of each parking lot at a time, alternating. That didn't seem to be the case. However, aside from this, everyone's experience was great! Keep in mind, food is VERY expensive, but no different than any other big venue.

2  Thank scranton38
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I took our 9 year old daughter to the Taylor Swift concert. While we were looking forward to her having an amazing time, we were not looking forward to dealing with everything that went along with this outing - drive or take public transport, massive amounts of people, waiting in lines, would we even see anything in our nose bleed seats, etc. Having never been to Lincoln Financial before, or the other two stadiums next to it, I did a ton of research online beforehand, and their website's FAQ page did a decent job of preparing us.

Only two complaints:
* Their new bag policy allows only clear bags 12"x6"x12" or less, or a clear gallon zip lock, or small clutch purse no larger than 4.5"x6.5". So I didn't take my purse, and left my camera, phone, sunglasses, and sunscreen at the hotel. I was then disappointed in seeing almost every other female carrying their gigantic purses in the stadium.
* More information on which gates to enter based on your seats would have been helpful. We entered the main gate and had a very long walk to our seats, which could have been avoided had we known there was a smaller entrance closer to where we were seated. I don't mind walking, but I had an air splint on my foot and had trouble walking with my injury, and the heat index was over 100 degrees.

The positives:
* easy to get to from subway
* very clean stadium
* plenty of restrooms with minimal lines
* due to the extremely high heat, they had free self-serve water stations set up
* the LCD screens were huge, so while Taylor Swift looked like an ant from our seats, viewing her on the screens was still amazing
* cup holders on the back of the seat in front of you was convenient
* plenty of employees walking through seating areas selling beverages

We had a far better experience than we anticipated. And our daughter will always remember her first "big" concert.

3  Thank dailyfam