“A Taste of Italy in Philly: Reminiscent of Rome”
Review of Capogiro Gelateria

Capogiro Gelateria
Ranked #5 of 101 Dessert in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This gelato is amazing. I have had probably the best gelato of my life in Rome, and this rivals that taste. The flavors are rich and deep. Those who find fault here are crazy, this is a class product.

As close as you get to Italy without leaving America.

They will let you taste and sample.
Two flavors, the piccollo, a small, is five bucks, worth every penny.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have high standards regarding ice cream. I'm from Europe and have been to Italy several times. American ice cream is mostly rather boring. Not so Capogiro: the taste and texture is phenomenal!
prices are relatively high, but definitely worth it.
if your indecisive, the staff lets you try everything untill you found your flavour.
I can highly recommend this place!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was amazed when I opened the door and saw just how many flavors they had. What's even better is that they were more than happy to let you try a many as you like. It was so hard to choose between fig, chocolate, peach, prune plum, pistachio, sweet milk, and a bunch others that I tried. Next time I'm in Philly I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

A great place to stop to treat yourself. The flavors are great and the staff are helpful in giving you recommendations of gelato (and a little taste). I love their variety of different flavors. Avocado, Blood Orange, etc. Yummy!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were in Philadelphia for three days, found this gelato place because we had a great lunch just across the street... and came back two more times. The gelato is expensive but definitely worth it.
I preferred the sugar plum variety. It really had the taste of fresh plums.