“Good Chinese”

Ranked #258 of 4,465 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a good quality Chinese meal at a good price. While the menu is not highly original there was a good choice.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the Embassy Suites, one-half block away. We visited rather late on Veteran's Day so there were much less of the expected after business patrons. We entered the dining room with two or three other couples but they soon left leaving the place to us. The front dining room, with the bar and TV, had several patrons the entire time. We were glad to be in the dining room without the TV for the peace and quiet.

The menu was very interesting. There was a wide variety of selections and you can check them ahead of time online. My wife wasn't too hungry so she had the cucumber chicken soup and spring rolls. The soup was a bit of a spicy surprise and the spring rolls had nice chunks of shrimp and chicken. I had the happy family and was quite pleased. The prices were quite reasonable.

The only detraction from our visit was that when we were clearly finished eating, it was difficult to get our bill. If it had been a busy evening, would we still be waiting?

All-in-all, a very nice place to try something a little different.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate here because we were staying at the Windsor which is in the same building. The food was really good, as was the service.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was starving..hadn't eaten all day and decided to stay in my first night in the city. I ordered from this restaurant downstairs, but even though the food was carefully prepared and bagged so neatly, I was so disappointed that there was just no flavor.

1  Thank pam15801
Reviewed October 6, 2013

In seeing the reviews, I was really excited to try this restaurant, but ultimately I was rather disappointed. The service was very good, and the people were nice, but the food was mediocre. I ordered the coconut/chicken thai soup (I forget the name of it), and the mushrooms seemed like they might be canned. The pad thai was just not very good; I have tried pad thai in just about every major (and not so major) city, and this definitely ranked toward the bottom. The oddest thing was that there were no refills on cokes, and I didn't realize it until they gave me the bill. I didn't think to ask because I don't know of any restaurants in the U.S. in the year 2013 that charges for refills on fountain sodas. I suspect there is better Thai food in Philadelphia!

1  Thank DMick4