“Great Friday night out!”
Review of World Cafe Live

World Cafe Live
Ranked #1,729 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University City
Cross street: 30th Street
Transit: We're located just two blocks from 30th Street Train Station!! Easy access from the Market/Frankfort line and various parts of the city; or use any of the regional rail lines from any of the outlying areas.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was my first visit to World Cafe Live and I would go back in a heartbeat! I saw a show with friends downstairs and we got appetizers before the show. Fantastic black bean hummus. The prices were very good, the drinks were made like the bartender meant it, and it was a fantastic show! No worries about parking, if there's not a place on the street, there's a lot around the corner.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Took friends to see a band last night & figured we'd eat dinner there before the show. Had a 6:30 reservation & at 8 o'clock we had to cancel our order so as not to miss our show! I was embarrassed that I talked our friends into eating here, furious and starving! The server had the manager come out to speak with us and all he said was, "Sorry. It's just that everyone came in at once." It wasn't crowded! There were empty tables all over! Everyone came in at once?!? This is one of the best small venues in the city to see a concert, but will never attempt to eat here again!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upstairs and downstairs venues all with good viewing. The food is terrific esp the eggplant fries. This is a lively place and while you share tables the crowd is always nice. They often have special events such as a brew tour and trolley tour of the great murals in Philly.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is hands down one of the best music venues in the city. Downstairs acoustics are very good & I find the staff there to be very friendly and warm. Plus they have a great line-up of acts spanning a wide range of musical genres.

As is apparent from looking at reviews the only inconsistency here is the food. Well. We went again this past Friday evening & there was a new menu in place. I have to say while it's not an overly adventurous menu; the bar/gastropub items they did offer were done well. The burger, sweet potato fries, sesame ginger chicken wings, veggie burger and hummus plate were all sampled & there wasn't a clunker among them.

The only other difference seemed to be more use of plastic cups for water etc.

As others have said, you really do go to World Cafe to hear the talent. There seems to be no guarantee what the food will be like when you get there.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a weekend in Philadelphia. One of the highlights of the trip was dinner and a concert at the World Live Cafe. It was an incredible experience. The group headlining the program that evening was a group from Austin, Texas called The Band of Heathens. Everything about the evening was wonderful, with one exception. The food was great and was very reasonably priced. The concert tickets, dinner for two with drinks and a tip, came to just over $100.00. The sound and the setting were perfect. The one exception to an otherwise perfect evening was the absence of parking. The only thing available was curbside with the closest spot over 2 blocks away The area was close to the University of Pennsylvania and was well lit; unfortunately the street signs and the ticket kiosk were rather confusing and ended up costing me $35.00 for being just inside a "pickup" zone. All in all l would give high marks to the World Live Cafe for putting together a delightful program at an affordable price. I would not hesitate to go back or recommend it to anyone looking for a nice affordable evening,