“You go here for the music”
Review of World Cafe Live

World Cafe Live
Ranked #1,644 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University City
Cross street: 30th Street
Transit: We're located just two blocks from 30th Street Train Station!! Easy access from the Market/Frankfort line and various parts of the city; or use any of the regional rail lines from any of the outlying areas.
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We decided to eat here to guarantee a table for the 8pm performance we were attending. The menu was fine for bar/pub food. My son had a burger and we had pulled pork which both were good. We had eggplant fries and they too were good. We went on a Mardi Gras night and the band was quite a spectacle: loud and boisterous. The crowd was having a good time...older folks and college students and everyone in between. If I lived in the area, I imagine I would go often for live music.

There are newer reviews for World Cafe Live

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had never been to the World Cafe, now we can't wait to go back. We went to watch the artist, Rumor and was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful atmosphere and food. This venue is like watching an artist "unplugged" very intimate. We sat in the Balcony and had a wonderful meal and sat back on the couch and watch Rumor with a great view. After the show we went upstairs to watch a couple of local artist duke it out onstage in an American Idol type sing off. It really was a wonderful night out. It was an easy ride from the burbs, parking close by and a wonderful evening.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had never been to the World Cafe, didn't even know it existed until we wanted to see a new artist, Rumor. She was playing at the World Cafe so we bought tickets and to our surprise had a wonderful night of not only great music but a fabulous dinner as well. We sat in the balcony, which allowed us to have a wonderful view of the stage and to sit back an relax on the couch as we watch Rumor perform. It was a Tuesday night, and in the Upstairs Cafe they had local artist playing which is where we finished of the evening with a night cap. Great evening, easy drive, easy parking and great food and music. This is a wonderful venue for group outings and parties as well.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've seen a few bands here over the years, and it's a great way to see bands you like. Nice and intimate, mature crowd just looking to have a good time. Heartily recommend this place. We even went on a night when it was an "all ages night" with my 2 daughters who are both under 21, and it was a really pleasant night.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been here twice now to meet friends for happy hour and for concerts and I always look forward to it. This is one of those instances when you "can't just a book by its cover" because the inside is Gorgeous!!! The bars and staff are so much fun, clean and friendly. The food - OH my goodness, I luv it!!!!