My wife and I traveled to US for a business trip and the long leg of the trip was in Philly.
We stayed here for exactly 60 days and I think that the place is really wonderful and the facilities are adequate.
- Due to the length of stay we got an upgrade and a discount
- Our room had a 1 bedroom, 1 living area, 1 office area
- The TV in the living room was the best, I think it was either a 60in or a 72in with full digital cable/on demand. There was 3 TVs in the room, I don't really understand why it has so much TV.
- They have laundry area (free but bring your own detergent)
- Staff was good (most of them)
- Location was the best, since I had a lot of time in Philly I went to a lot of places and there is no location better that this area
- They have a small gym, but you can access the Bellevue gym too
- Fully equipped kitchen (better than we have at home)
- Shake shack was 2 blocks away. You can get your burger in 10mins (unlike NYC which will take 1 hour to forever)
Some things I didn't really like:
- There is this 1 unfriendly, unhelpful, uneverything staff
- No hotel parking (overnight parking around the area costs a small fortune)
Some of my tips in Philly:
- Don't be bothered by the homeless people around, they are actually quite nice and funny. We just give them our excess food and they are more than thankful. We traveled across 7 states and this place has the 'nicest' homeless people around. San Fran has the worst.
- 1hr drive away you will find a ski resort in Allentown.
- There is a self service Hertz rental 2 blocks away which is awesome.
- Reading Terminal market has the best food in Philly. Around 8 blocks away I think.
- Don't bring your wife to King of Prussia (1 bus ride away) if you are not ready for shopping
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your AKA Rittenhouse Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aka Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia