“Wow what a location and what a room!”

Ranked #54 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Long Island, NY
“Wow what a location and what a room!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous location at Rittenhouse Square and the suites are incredible...huge and nice and quiet! The suite has a large living room, kitchen and beautiful bedroom. The bathroom is modern and all white marble. This hotel is a real winner! Will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
4starrs,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to see that you had such a fabulous stay and enjoyed the spacious suites here at AKA Rittenhouse Square. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon here in Philadelphia or any of our AKA locations.

AKA Rittenhouse Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My first time in Philly was made more comfortable by Aka. The hotel offers a very good kitchen(something that I require in a hotel). They're situated in a great neighborhood next to Rittenhouse Park. Access to public transportation(buses,trains and tour trolleys & double deckers) is close by. Attached to the hotel is a restaurant called "a.Kitchen" which had good food and good staff.

My complaints were the small bathrooms, small TV's and Laundry service that was a day late!

P.S. The deliciously deadly cupcake bakery CRUMB is one block away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RobertDean W
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear RobertDean W,
It's great to hear that you had chosen AKA Rittenhouse Square for your introduction to Philadelphia. Thank you for the positive review, as I'm glad you enjoyed our unique accommodations. We have a number of different suite layouts, should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please mention such so we can tailor your preferences. My apologies for the laundry service not being returned the same day.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon.

Alhambra, California, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in April 2013 and had the best experience. The location was perfect--right on the park, in one of the nicest areas of town with several of the best restaurants on the same block. It was also close to the subway station for easy access throughout town. We had a comfortable one bedroom apartment with a kitchen for less than $200/night. It was nice and clean, and we had great service from the concierage staff. They also had a gym, washer/dryer, and computers available for use. I will stay at aka Hotels again and highly recommend them. Thanks.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms on the 2nd floor where the gym and wash room facilities are located because of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy S
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Cathy S.,
Thank you for sharing your experience at AKA Rittenhouse Square via Trip Advisor. It's great to hear that you had the best experience and appreciate you recommending AKA. While our website often shows the advantages of our location and accommodations, I always enjoy the intangible feedback about our stellar service team. We look forward to hosting you and your husband again in the near future.

Portsmouth NH
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great place to stay in Philadelphia. Helpful, friendly, courteous staff, spacious suite accommodation with fully equipped kitchen, living room and bedroom. Nicely decorated in contemporary neutral colors, marble shower, Bulgari toiletries, comfortable bed with quality sheets and pillow selection. Close to Rittenhouse Square, numerous restaurants and delis close by, walk to Independence Mall in about 15 minutes. Great restaurant off the lobby, business center on 2nd floor. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Philly Flyer,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at AKA Rittenhouse Square via Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to see that you had a positive experience and enjoyed the services, accommodation, location, and amenties. We hope to host you again soon in Philadelphia or one of our other AKA locations.

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff are incredibly friendly and obliging. Best location. Great size rooms. There were five of us staying in a suite and we found we had plenty of room. Very comfortable. Good coffee shops and restaurants close by. I should have taken advantage of the washing machine and dryer on the second floor. The kitchen was big and full of utensils if needed. Not one complaint and would highly recommend - especially if you like to be in the heart of the city, which we did.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly M
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Kelly M,
I'm very appreciative that you have taken the time to complete a survey via Trip Advisor. I'm glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and made use of the prime location we enjoy. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future at AKA Rittenhouse Square.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Outstanding hotel, especially for a long time stay. I stayed there for almost a year and a half with my child, an underage college student, until the child became eligible to live in the college’s dormitories and I moved back to my home in another state. First, it is in a very safe neighborhood, at all hours, in the very heart of the city. It is surrounded by stores, restaurants, cafes, and is almost on top of the Rittenhouse Park. Second, the suites are very spacious, very clean and new, and well designed apartments. They are furnished luxuriously and cleverly, including the top of the line full kitchen, which includes all dishes, pots, bowls, utensils, etc. necessary for cooking and eating. Third, there is a very solid Wi-Fi in all the rooms. Fourth, the staff including the reception desk team, the housecleaning, the reservation team, the maintenance team, and even the guys who daily pick up the trash, are all very personable and real: they are there when you need them and they don’t bother you when you don’t need them. The feel is not of a hotel but of a very luxurious, full service, apartment building. Fifth, even the other residents in the hotel are really nice and friendly people who still keep for them selves. Because of the nature of the hotel, most residents are long stay, which helps the luxurious apartments building feel. Sixth, the moment something in your room breaks, the staff comes and fix it at no charge. Seventh, the hotel includes a few additional rooms that are really very useful, including, but not only: A. There is a fitness room which I used daily; those that need a more complex fitness center can get a complimentary membership to a nearby fitness club. For me the fitness room in the hotel was just right. B. There is a really good laundry room at no charge. C. There is a computer room including computers, a printer/copier/fax machine, and even paper. Tips: A. For best rates as well as best flexibility, reserve the room directly with the hotel and not through agencies. B. Grocery store Trader Joe is about 10 min. walk away and the luxurious grocery store Di Bruno is a few feet away, as is Barnes and Noble with their Starbuck café.

Room Tip: Each floor has 7 units, named 01-07, each with a different floor plan, square footage, and a differe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Moni M
managementakars, General Manager at AKA Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Moni M,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at AKA Rittenhouse Square. I'm so pleased to see your feedback, as I believe your experiences are specifically what sets us apart as a unique serviced residence accommodation. I'm particularly glad to hear that the team was available and attentive when needed, but also provided you privacy during your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Cambridge, MA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel was outstanding.

As many have mentioned before, my sense is that AKA was designed as a long-term stay hotel. I needed accommodation in Philadelphia the weekend of the marathon and of a large conference in town and was having trouble finding a room for two nights; I found AKA on booking.com and am so glad I did. The entire experience staying here was a complete pleasure in every way.

The hotel’s location, at the intersection of Walnut and 18th Street, is just at the corner of beautiful Rittenhouse Square. You really can’t find a nicer spot in terms of eating, shopping, and general ‘entertaining’ in the city. It’s a privileged location and there's a lot at your doorstep.

I was surprised and delighted to receive a phone call several days before my arrival. Julia asked if there was anything in particular I needed to make my stay more enjoyable. She did, in fact, make a dinner reservation for me at a.kitchen. More about that later.

I paid $265/night + tax (prepaid and non-refundable) for a premium suite. I had read that the rooms were large, but I really had no idea what I was in store for. Though I’m not entirely sure why, I was upgraded to an enormous one-bedroom corner suite, with one side facing 18th Street, one side facing Walnut street, and the corner facing Rittenhouse Square itself. Stunning.

The ‘room’ had an entryway, a full kitchen, a king bedroom with marble bath, a living room (with dining table and chairs) and a study with two club chairs and a desk/chair. I think there were three huge flat-screen TVs in the entire suite. Everything was sleek, elegant, in perfect condition and very tastefully decorated in beiges and browns.

It was a thrill to be in what felt like a very upscale apartment. Way bigger and nicer than my own apartment and I felt like a king for the weekend.

Julie made a dinner reservation for me at a.kitchen, and what a delight to eat there. According to my server, the plates were ‘small to medium,’ and she was right. At the same time, they’re really quite delicious, and I had a full meal of three plates and a dessert with really nice wine pairings. Great food, great service. Highly recommended.

The desk staff at AKA were super friendly and very helpful. A great welcome and a nice check-out. I do want to comment on the lobby, which is pretty minimal and barely even there, actually. What I would say? Who cares? With rooms as nice as they are, why would you want to hang out in the lobby? Yes, there’s a sofa/bench place to wait for friends or to organize your stuff, and that’s all you need, really.

I would absolutely stay at AKA the next time I’m in Philadelphia and would recommend it without hesitation to anyone looking for a short- or long-term stay in the city center. Fantastic.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business