“Top notch in every respect”

AKA Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #57 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I have recently stayed at the AKA Rittehnouse hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent there. From the moment we entered the lobby we felt welcome and there was no request or question that the hotel staff would not address promptly and with a genuine smile. We would like to acknowledge two staff members who were particularly gracious-Justin and John and we would like to thank them both from the bottom of our hearts for all their help and advice. I only wish that the manager would schedule more than one person at the front desk on a busy evening, as Justin was answering the phone, attended to guests checking in, helping us load and push the luggage cart and answering questions of the guests looking for various places. He did it all very efficiently, but it would be much easier for him, if he had another staff member there.

I also want to echo the comments of other people in regards to the cleanliness and the overall standard of the suite. Everything was top notch, as I indicated in the title of my review. I would highly recommend AKA Rittenhouse to anyone looking for accommodation in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back-no view, but quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I picked this hotel based on tripadvisor recommendations and I was not disappointed. This hotel is an extended day hotel, so there is a fully equipped kitchen and extremely spacious rooms. The front desk woman was friendly and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean. Great location. The only noise I ever heard was a garbage truck in the morning, other than that, it was very quiet for being in a busy neighborhood. I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Spacious, clean, great location!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2011

i travel to Philadelphia a fair amount for work and this new hotel was recommended to me by a colleague. The location is fantastic. it's right at Rittenhouse Square and so you are in walking distance to tons of great restaurants, bars and shopping, and it's even closer than my usual hotel to my favorite sushi place. You defintiely cannot beat the location if you have any free time to spend exploring Philadelphia.

The room I had was HUGE, especially for city standards. I had an enormous living room, a small but beautiful and fully-functional kitchen, a large bedroom and a cavernous bathroom with a fantastic shower. The room itself was amazing and very comfortable.

I was sort of disappointed in the "gym" which is more of a VERY small fitness center. it's one of those fitness rooms with one treadmill, one bike and one elliptical.....

A couple of quirks to be aware of:

There is no parking attached to the hotel and there is no valet. The hotel is located at a very busy intersection and even parking for a few minutes to drop your bags off seems to be a big deal. Pretty much every time I walked out of the front door, there was a parking ticket guy..... the parking is not a huge deal as there is a garage right around the corner which is not wildly expensive, but I definitely think that this hotel would be wise to have valet services.

No coffee available until 7 am! That's European resort style, not business travel style.

And lastly, this is probably my own personal thngy - but there are no black out curtains in the rooms, or at least there weren't in mine. The large, white, wooden blinds are nice to look at and give the room a nice sort of beach house, light, airy look, which is great during the day, but it was not good for my sleep quality at all to have my room get light around 5 am. This is porbably the one thing that will keep me from going back, or I would need to bring a sleeping mask.

The room was incredibly QUIET for its location as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Great space. It was the size of an apartment. Well appointed although a bit stark. Awesome location on the Square. Good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Djrbikes
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The hotel claims to be a 'home away from home' - they're wrong about that - it's much better.

Although it markets itself for longer stays, we booked in for 2 nights while traveling the East Coast. Arriving very early in the day so we could explore Philadelphia the hotel took care of our bags and when we returned to check in properly the hotel had already moved our bags to our room. This is a very simple thing to do but so many hotels fail to do this.

The hotel sits on the corner of Rittenhouse Square, between two of the main shopping roads in Philadelphia. This was my first visit to Philadelphia and the city surpassed my expectations. Within short walking distance of the hotel were many good restaurants. It's a lively, vibrant city and the hotel is a short walk from all of the central attractions including the Liberty Bell and Reading Market.

Pleasantly the hotel had upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite and the suite was beautiful. The suite comprised of 2 well sized bedrooms, both ensuite, a good size livng area, a dining room with table suitable to seat 6, a fully fit kitchen with 3rd bathroom of it. Full HD cable set up was available with free high speed wifi. In truth the suite had more floor space than my house. In fact the only downside of the suite was that we didn't want to leave it. All this for less than the cost of a standard sized New York hotel room. While there we did see a standard room and these were very good sized too.

The stay itself at the hotel was quite eventful. On the morning of our second day contractors cut an electric cable outside the hotel leaving the hotel without power. This drama, on what must have been a very trying day, was dealt with by the hotel staff with poise and patience. They were incredibly accomodating going out of the way to ensure that this did not spoil my stay and kept me up to date with events by telephone while I was away from the hotel.

This hotel has raised the bar for accomodation and any other hotel is going to have to be really special to top it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed here one week in May 2011. Great apartment, very clean, nice rooms, good furniture, kitchen, some view over Rittenhouse Square. Enjoyed it very much, also because the staff is extremely friendly (just as last time, when they were still called Korman Communities, and had a building on the other side of Rittenhouse). Only small minus can be that it can be a bit noisy certain evenings, mostly Fridays. It wasn't anything that disturbed me in my sleep, however.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank EuropeanVoyager
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Chose this hotel for our first visit to Philly after reading the reviews. My only regret is that five nights here was not long enough. Huge suite with living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Free diy laundry service and tea/coffee and two computers in the business centre. The staff are friendly and most helpful. The hotel is in the liveliest area of Philly with lots of restaurants and bars and shops. Good access to the area using the transit system.
I look forward to going back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple