“Delightful!”

Cross street: Lombard
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Delightful!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed this intimate, neighborhood restaurant. The service was warm and friendly and the food delightful. We particularly liked the calamari, cod, Kobe meatloaf and chicken breast in our group if five.

If I lived close, I would be a regular!

“AMAZING food and great owners!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

The food and the atmosphere here are amazing! Try the fried oysters they are to die for. The pairing with the wine and food couldn't be anymore perfect!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Getting Meritage'd”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This place was so bad we coined the term "Being Meritage'd" within the group that went for any time we are severely disappointed by a restaurant.

The plates were small and lacking in flavor, the service was sub par and the price is outrageous.

• Visited July 2012
USA
“Food Good, but Service Rushed”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Dined here with my mother as we visited town for the Philadelphia Flower Show. The food was excellent, no complaints there. But I was pretty unhappy about our rushed service. As soon as our server figured out that we wouldn't be ordering wine, the pace of our meal hit overdrive. I ordered two "small plates" of a salad and soup before a "large plate" of Amish chicken. My soup and salad were brought to the table simultaneously, which was annoying. Then the very instant that both of us finished our salads, our entrees landed, about 15 minutes from the time we were seated. The server brought out the dessert menu unsolicited and without asking whether we'd like tea or coffee. At the instant we finished our desserts, our plates were cleared and the check was on the table, again without any inquiry of whether we'd like a beverage following our meal. The food is good, but you'll have to tolerate being whisked out the door if you're perceived as not a big ticket table by your server.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank mercurius_1
NJ
“If I was local I'd be a fixture”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I dined here with friends I hadn’t seen in 20 years. We could have been almost anywhere & been happy. It was restaurant week so reservations for a large group were hard to come by.

The $35 3 course menu was a great value with lots of tasty choices that weren’t things you could get everywhere. However, my escargot needed a touch more garlic. My shortribs were also a bit overcooked but everyone else was thrilled with their meals. (I’m the picky eater of the group)

I didn’t realize it was in such a residential neighborhood. If I lived there, I’d be a fixture but it wasn’t the best choice for a group to meet. It’s not convenient to public transportation & parking was scarce.

The bathroom is miniscule. There is barely enough room in there to change your mind. I felt like I was in a bathroom in NYC not Philly. lol

The staff was very sweet even though we were eating too slow & lingering because we were so enjoying each other’s company. They were happy to give us directions to a local coffee house nearby so we could continue our reunion and allow them to turn the table. The only reason I didn’t feel bad is that they had open tables throughout the restaurant even another big one.

• Visited January 2012