“Amazing location, soft bed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We didn't do a lot of research on Philadelphia before arriving and booked this B&B without really knowing anything about the location. What a find! We were right in the heart of everything! As one of the neighbours said who I got chatting to "Clinton Street is the centre of the universe". Aside from being walking distance to everything that's fabulous about Philly, there is also an AMAZING coffee shop literally a two minute walk away (just down from the parking lot). Bliss.
We only crossed paths with Cathy once, but she was pleasant in all interactions and even put an Easter egg basket outside our room on Easter Sunday. Cute touch.
My only complaint would be that the queen bed in the Nook (large room on the ground floor) is extremely soft. I like a hard bed, so this was not good for me and 3 days later I still have a sore back.
Apart from the bed though, I would highly recommend everything about this B&B!

Room Tip: If you like a firm bed, don't book the Nook! Definitely treat yourself to a latte from the Gree...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny P

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited Clinton Street Bed and Breakfast a few weeks ago and it was a perfect stay! The location is fantastic with all sorts of restaurants, shops, and great local businesses within blocks. Kathy was a lovely hostess- very accommodating and sweet as could be. We stayed in the "Nook Suite," which was tastefully decorated, clean, spacious, and better than the pictures showed. There was a stocked mini-fridge with drinks and breakfast items and fresh pastries each day. The bed was very comfortable and there was a plethora of appropriately-sized bath towels. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to Philly! Especially for the price, it is so much more quaint and unique than a big-chain hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed April 2, 2014

1024 Clinton is a delightful, spacious house in a great location (walking distance to lots of attractions and shops). My room was homey, and VAST--high ceilings, huge windows, giant bed--wonderfully spacious and quiet. The best thing about the B+B is Kathy, the innkeeper--she's so welcoming and friendly, and was exceptionally helpful to me throughout my stay and beyond. I'd definitely stay there again. In the neighborhood, try Cake and the Beanstalk for coffee/pastries, and Tria for happy hour and light meals.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank boomerCA7
Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you don't want to be pampered in Philly, by all means don't treat yourself to a visit to 1024 Clinton. Our hostess, Kathy, would never be able to be anything but gracious and helpful-from taxis in the snow to restaurant advice, she is always there to consult and advise. Your room will be special (I wanted to take the bathroom home) and having a kitchen overlooking Pine Street was a delight. There were even little cupcakes in the foyer if the abundant continental breakfast wasn't enough. You might not want to be pampered but I certainly do, so I'm coming back first chance I get.

Room Tip: There is no B&B sign outside of a little card on the door, so don't be confused when you arr...
Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank YujiOda
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast while in Philadelphia for a conference. What a delight! The owner, Kathy, is a warm and personable hostess who really takes care of every need. This is a quaint, charming, and a very reasonably priced place to stay right in the heart of Philly!
The rooms all have great character, the premises are immaculate, and the provision of a kitchenette, not to mention the wonderful continental breakfast offerings, was wonderful.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone travelling to Philadelphia!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kari B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have never stayed at a B &B and was a bit wary of what to expect. It was lovely... simply lovely. From the moment I walked in the door of 1024 Clinton, in this incredibly charming neighborhood, I felt at home.
Kathy, who runs the place, takes such pride in every detail as she showed me to my room, The Pearl Room, and the beautifully renovated work that she put into the space. The room was immaculate and I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. The room had a bed, tv with a k-billion channels, tons of charming tchokes, a fireplace, a lovely table for eating at and a cute little kitchenette which she stocked with everything you could need for morning breakfast: yogurts, muffins, eggs, milk, cereals, bread, --- I wanted for nothing. In fact, I was there on business, and when I'd walk in the door after a long day she had freshly made pumpkin tarts sitting under glass at the door for her guests.
The building was quiet and the bed comfy and I would HIGHLY rec'd this charming bed & breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LaurenNY2013
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked the Topaz Room since it was the largest room for an adult family of 4 & indicated it would be my birthday. The house is in a cute neighborhood, nice location, and quiet except for the road construction with a jack hammer @ 7:30 am our first morning (not her fault). Kathy was very pleasant on the phone while booking, over the phone once we arrived in the city, & upon checking in. She was nice enough to waive some of the price, but never mentioned there would only be enough eggs, juice, & milk for 2.

I knew the building was old, which was ok since I liked the location. Upon arriving I felt the little details which make a stay excellent were overlooked. The room was very dirty in all of the corners, shower mat needed to be replaced (old & dirty), fridge door handle was dirty (I wiped it down). The window blinds were rusty or filthy (not sure which) window ledge brown with dirt, light bulb burnt out over the bed, & overall the paint was old & dirty.

The king bed was just ok; especially since it had a plastic type mattress cover that was slippery and noisy & the bed creaked every time you moved or turned over. Older & mismatched sheets were on the bed.

Warning: There are approximately 65 wooden stairs to the top story and the last set are narrow (no elevator). Whew! The sofa bed is HORRIBLE!! Sinks in the middle & no protection from the springs. Next to impossible to sleep on especially if a person is around 5 ft tall (feet hang over) and certainly not adequate for two. Never could find a spare blanket for extra padding in the room even though Kathy said there was one.

This has been given a terrible rating since there was an issue over our food and especially for her response. I asked for more eggs the first night since there were only 5 (which she gave) and said she didn't have any more apples to replace the bruised & old ones. No big deal since we had brought some of our own fruit.

However, the next morning I asked one of her workers if we could have an additional cot since the couch was so uncomfortable and we were staying another night. We did not ask for sheets or blankets just the camping type cot. I also asked for enough eggs, little bottles of juice & milk for the four of us. He was very accommodating, pleasant and never indicated it would be a problem.

Later I managed to burn 2 slices of bread due to either the settings being turned on high from a previous guest or the toaster didn't work. I went downstairs and asked Kathy if I could have a couple more slices of bread & explained the reason. WOW, I saw a whole different personality emerge. She started yelling at me in front of her worker and said that the burnt bread was not her problem... it was mine and that I needed to go to a store & buy some. She stated I was taking advantage of her. At first she indicated she would should be charging me for the extra food & cot. When I asked how much she changed her mind. Her behavior was shocking...I was in tears.

Due to the principle of everything & me not liking confrontation or wanting to take the chance of any addition charges, I gave the food & cot back. With a very nasty & loud voice, she told me that she wasn't going to charge me & that I had a passive/aggressive personality. She was still yelling as I walked away. I apologized to the worker if I had gotten him in trouble.

I have never experienced this type of treatment in any of my stays anywhere, whether hotels or other B&Bs. Our other 2 B&Bs were outstanding & we had plenty of food for all 4 of us. Our other prices were approximately the same if not cheaper (even in Pittsburgh).

If you choose to stay here, just be careful that you don't make her mad..I can't express how scary it turns.

It's a shame she made my birthday memory & our visit to Philadelphia so unpleasant.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family