“Tad overpriced but worth it”
Review of Estia

Estia
Reserve with OpenTable
Estia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 4,465 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Locust btwn 15th and Broad
Transit: Septa & Patco
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The food was both homey and exquisitely sophisticated. The wine selection was very comprehensive and the atmosphere relaxed yet elegant. Despite the price it was worth it

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We started off with fried calamari for appetizer. We had Dover Sole for our main course. For dessert we had the Baklava and chocolate soufflé. The food was off the hook. Service was perfect. I love the atmosphere. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had dinner here last week and greatly enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. The Greek salad (horiatiki) was one of the best I've ever had, with particularly fresh and delicious tomatoes. My main course was plaki, a Mediterranean sea bass, which was excellent. They have a decent wine list including numerous Greek and American wines by the glass.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Having a Greek husband who is an excellent cook, I am very critical of dining at Greek restaurants and usually leave somewhat underwhelmed. Not the case at Estia! Everything that we had was truly amazing.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ok, so I got a bit dramatic with the title, but after experiencing Carmina Burana at the Academy of Music, it fits. My first impression was of the cave/wine cellar decor. I loved it. The staff was excellent and knowledgable, helpful since we are new to greek cuisine. The use of lemon in the appetizers was well balanced. I loved the greek wine selection, wish they had a greek wine flight. We shared the fried greek cheese, sardines, oysters and octopus. Had the lamb chops for the entree - an excellently grilled chop. The decor, cuisine and prices are in line with a wonderful theater date night!