“Nice brunch at Estia”
Review of Estia

Estia
Reserve with OpenTable
Estia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Locust btwn 15th and Broad
Transit: Septa & Patco
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We enjoyed our brunch at Estia very much. I loved the omelettes served in the pan and the crispy potatoes. Our waiter was very solicitous and it was quiet with a real " grown-up" feel. I am too old to wait online in the cold for a trendy brunch places these days! My faves--the almond crescent cookies they give you on your way out.
As for the setting, it is like an authentic greek taverna with high ceilings and decor. The bar area near the window is especially cozy with nice couches and a tv showing films of the greeek islands continuously, very peaceful and hypnotice.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch yesterday before the Orchestra concert at Kimmel Center. Great service and great food and wine. Everything was delicious: Estia chips, Greek salad, sardines, and baklava. Waiter recommended a delightful Greek white wine. Definitely will come here again before a concert.

1  Thank lneufeldpa
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have dined here about 4 times. Each time the food was out of this world, and the atmosphere wonderful. Service has always been good. Entrees are unique, with unusual and outstanding flavors. Dinner for two with wine and tip about $150. Definitely have res for weekends.

1  Thank William S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here before seeing a show at the Academy of Music, which is right next door. The pre-fixe dinner was great and a good value. The portions were not large, but that was fine with us. We were happy with each course, and we would definitely come back!

The atmosphere is nice, and I liked the decor. It is more geared toward couples and adults. I would not bring the kids.

2  Thank kikipa73
Reviewed February 18, 2013

What a fabulous place to indulge in slightly(??) fattening food and enjoy the company of family and friends. I am not really a fan of Greek food due to the amounts of yogurt and feta cheese they like to use in their cuisine, but this place made a convert out of me (at least, just for this place). Start with the look of the place - the interiors have a European old world and relaxing feel, inviting one to sit back and take their time savoring their meal. The tables are amply spaced apart giving diners privacy that is usually lacking in restaurants. And for private parties, it seems that they have a number of private rooms. I'm not sure how many rooms they have, but I saw two on the lower level.

Service was attentive. Our waiter was constantly asking (not annoyingly, though) if we were enjoying the food and was making sure we had everything we need.

Now we move on to the food. And as I said in the beginning, simply fabulous. I loved the Estia Chips. They're sliced very thinly so you can really taste the flavor of each individual chip. And they were artfully arranged and presented at the table.

The Moussaka was a pleasant surprise as well. The flavorful beef blended with the potatoes for that perfect bite each time.

But the best part of the meal was the dessert. The Ekmek had the sweetness that was not overpowering - a perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Finicky_Palate