“a must in Philly”

Franklin Fountain
Ranked #4 of 87 Dessert in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Franklin Fountain aims to serve an experience steeped in ideals, drizzled with drollery, and sprinkled with the forgotten flavors of the American past.
Parsippany, New Jersey
“a must in Philly”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved this place. the setting is of a simpler time, but the taste is so much bigger. they make every thing right there, I had the best ice cream ever. you can sit inside or outside, or they can make it to go. the variety is huge.

Visited October 2012

Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, United States
“The Best Olde Fashioned Ice-Cream Shoppe!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My favorite little stopping place when I visit Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. Their seasonal flavors are always worth trying. At my last visit, I had a scoop each of pumpkin and ginger ice-cream. YUM!
I enjoy taking friends and relatives. It's a delightful little shop with friendly servers.

• Visited October 2012
Lynbrook, New York
“Great ice cream, but the crowds would keep us away next time”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our family found that waiting on line for twenty minutes for an ice cream at a place with little seating (some tables outside where you are stalked once you start eating by other customers, staring you down so you want to leave) is not my idea of fun. A lot of places have good icea cream. I don't want to wait on line and then have to juggle five people in three seats with a tiny table.
If it wasn't so crowded I would rate it better, so I guess my review is about the experience, not just the actual ice cream.

• Visited June 2012
Macon, Georgia
“Great ice cream and experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went with friends, so we were able to get several sundaes and share. It was amazing ice cream, well worth the cost. The staff was very friendly and there was a lot of outdoor seating.

• Visited August 2012
Clermont, Florida
“What a great blast into the historical past.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We went for the best egg cream in Philadelphia and found not one but two. The New York style was perfect done as I remembered as a child in chocolate. The Philadelphia style was new to me with heavy cream and real egg in chocolate as well. The Philadelphia was a great surprise and a new favorite. The folk whom work the store are fantastic and reflect the pride and service of this great old establishment. This Fountian is the sister store to Shane's Confectionary two doors down which should not be missed and share a ten percent discount.