“I love their kielbasa, I need to get here earlier next time...”

Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse
Ranked #138 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are regulars here because of the excellent food, convenience to I-95 and because it seems the people here really appreciate your visit. You can't find better BBQ in the Philadelphia area. I can personally recommend the brisket, the chicken, the pulled pork and especially the smoked kielbasa. The kielbasa was sold out on my latest visit, which was later on a recent Saturday night and they apparently had a busy day. The prices are VERY reasonable and the portions very large. Figure on having the leftovers for lunch the next day if you get 2 meats on your platter. The side dishes are also very good and there is a wide selection. The decor is cool, a redone industrial shop of some kind with nice country touches. Plenty of seating and some is around cleaning tables, which was appreciated by our group of 7. You place your order at one window and the serving window calls you up to get the food. Very short wait. The food is served in stryofoam clamshells, which is in keeping with the picnic atmosphere. Fun time here for everyone. My family highly recommends this place, I think you will enjoy the food and the restaurant very much. Nobody in the philly area compares, in my humble opinion.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Having spent several years down south, I know what good, authentic Southern BBQ tastes like - and this is it. This place is reminiscent of those great little roadside BBQ shacks that still dot the Southern U.S. landscape. When we head down the shore on Friday nights, I'll stop here if I'm craving barbecue - the pulled pork sandwich with tomato-cucumber salad and mashed sweet potatoes is just the right amount of sweet and savory decadence with a nod toward health. :) Sweet Lucy's never fails to satisfy and has become my go-to BBQ stop in Philly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We usually have to travel to Virgil's in New York city to get good BBQ. My son recommended Sweet Lucy's and since he was paying we agreed. I will return, probably more times than I should.
This is the best BBQ in the area. Do not go expecting white linen table cloths. It is bare bones in a Styrofoam container. I had the ribs and brisket combo meal. 2 meats and three sides for $14.95 cannot be beat. I understand from the rest of my party that the pulled pork rivals my own, and I make a good pulled pork.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the best Bar B Q food I ever had. My wife and I, along with friends traveled 20 miles to Philadelphia just to try this place out, and it was well worth the trip. We went for their Monday night buffet, and the variety and quality of food was great. Brisket, ribs, pulled pork and chicken, along with many other meats, and sides were fantastic, especially the hot cornbread.
The place is very clean, very small, seating is limited, so you may have a wait to get in, but well worth it. I gave them a rating of four because of the limited space and wait time, everything else was adefinitely a five.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

First off, I'm not the BBQ fan in the family, but I don't make a fuss when Sweet Lucy's is mentioned for dinner. The food is well prepared, the taste fresh and light, and the portions are hearty. One day of the week is an all you can eat, and it's a pretty good deal.
It is a bit out of the way, tucked into an industrial strip on a busy street but it's easy access from I-95, of and on.
It's clean, the staff friendly and the food is good, what more could you ask for?