“Awesome Tour Especially with Nana Duck”

Ride The Ducks of Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ride The Ducks tours take you on Philadelphia’s ONLY land and water tour! See more than 100 of the city’s important sites and landmarks on our tour route, as comical Tour Guides share fun stories and trivia, along more than 14 miles of smiles and laughter. Philadelphia’s favorite tour travels from the Historic District to the Museum District – and numerous neighborhoods between – before splashing into the Delaware River for a 20- minute water cruise. Adults and seniors will have just as much fun as kids! Your Tour Guide will en-tour-tain you with stories of past and present. Learn about Philadelphia history, the Delaware River, the cities famous personalities and area’s impact on the state and nation. Find out about Philly’s role in film, song, and sports!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I reluctantly went on a Duck Tour of Philadelphia but it was well worth the money. The trip around the city is informative and entertaining, I learned a lot about what I might want to visit in the future. The water part is not very exciting and the water is so filthy you do not want to get splashed. Make sure to arrive early and enjoy the ride in the front.

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took this tour while in Philadelphia with elementary-aged children. It was a very informative tour of the city with a lot of historical facts included.

Having the vehicle go into the river was a bit of a gimmick. There was very little of interest to see during that part of the tour, unless you care where Will Smith's father lives.

1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently took the duck tour with my family- which included a one and two year olds, and had a great time. We were only in town for one night and thought this was the best way to see the city. Our guide was wonderfiul and gave us lots of interesting facts, and slowed down enough to ensuregood pictures of major sights were captured. My two year olds favorite part was when we went into the water. Great time, would definitely recommend if you're in Philadelphia for a short amount of time.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went there for our 10 years old daugher. She liked it but not us. The tour guide was just pointing to us the main attraction without telling much about it but I understand he does not have the time to do so. We also were disapointted by the water tour. Philly is not worth seeing from the river.
So, if you have young children, it's a go but if not, it's not worth it. And by the way, buy your ticket in advance on line, it is cheaper.

1  Thank Marielle E
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a land and water tour. They utilise the unique ability of DUKW vehicles to travel along roads - rather bumpily as they have no suspension - and then drive straight into the Delaware River - at quite high speed producing a nice splash!

I maintain that we need more silliness in our serious adult lives. Not the silliness of 'reality' TV, but laugh like a 3-year-old silliness. This is the tour that embraces your inner 3 year old. When onboard you must quack at people on the street, using 'quack hands', too.

This is such a fun thing to do and I know there are other cities that have them, but the narrowness of these streets and having the huge Delaware River right there, makes this a fun experience which I highly recommend.