“Helium will lift your spirits”
Review of Helium Comedy Club

Helium Comedy Club
Royersford, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Helium will lift your spirits”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Helium is a gem of a comedy club in Center City Philadelphia. I especially love it in the winter months, when tired of drab weather. it's a great chance to have laugh. The club attracts first rate comic talent and prices are usually reasonable. They have a couple acts before the headliner, so it's a full evening of entertainment. There is a 2-item minimum from their menu, but the food and drinks are very good, and again prices are reasonable. There's a good choice of light fare: salads, appetizers and sandwiches. The menu will please a vegetarian as well as a meat-eater. The Strawberry Salad is excellent, though very light, but all of us enjoyed the food. They also have good variety to their drink menu, with a little of everything: coffee drinks with alcohol, cocktails, wine and beer. If you want a good laugh, head to Helium.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank irishmist1

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“best philadelphia comedy club”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

this comedy club brings in all the big names to philadelphia. it sits in a perfect location as just blocks away is rittenhouse square along with a million different restaurant options to go to before or after the show because don't waste your money on food here. just laugh, grab a few drinks and go out to eat.

Visited January 2012
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“scam”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I bought 7 "reserved" seats for my birthday and received a confirmation stating the show started at 8:30. At 8:04 I received a phone call from Helium which I missed but immediately returned. The staff did not answer. The voicemail they left did not state they would be selling my seats to someone else. I arrived at the club at 8:17 When I arrived I was informed by the girl at the box office that our tickets had been sold to someone else because we were not there in time and the show started at 8. I told them about the accident and how I tried to call back and how could they just resell tickets that were reserved, what's the point of buying reserved tickets. All they could say was "It's in our disclaimer" I asked for a refund they said no, I asked for a gift certificate they said no, and then I asked if I could get into a later show and they said they had overbooked that show because all the people never show up. So basically they are banking on people buying tickets and not showing up. They did nothing to accomodate me and basically told me you are screwed. I have now filed a complaint with the better business bureau and a dispute with my credit card company. This is a shady business at best.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Maria D
Bartonsville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun place for a date night”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Kind of cramped space but great show. A little pricey with menu items, but that is to be expected

Visited December 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worst treatment ever experienced at a comedy club”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This has got to be hands down the worst comedy club I have ever been to. My since and I were attending the Charlie Murphy show on Saturday night Nov. 19 and after I got up to use the bathroom was stopped by security in the lobby to say that we were laughing too loud and clapping with our hands to 'high up in the air'...I didn't want to argue said ok and returned to my from row seat only to be followed by 2 bouncers who then continued harassing me for apparently talking and laughing to loudly. We did not even talk during the show...just laughed a few times at the not very funny opening act. WHen 'Freez' the opening comedy then piped in and said that "yeah she is all messed and drunk' ....at this point we had 2 drinks each and aren't why they would serve us if we were supposedly so drunk...

After being humiliated in front of the whole crowd we decided to just leave. What is the point of going to a comedy club and have to curtail your laughter.

apparently their policy is no talking period. It seems that the sort of club they are running is one where actually laughing and enjoying yourself is not tolerated..

We will never go back to this venue again and suggest that if you are looking for comedy in philadelphia to avoid this place if you think you may actually laugh at point during the show..

unbelievably disappointing experience!