“excellent food, very poor service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Albany, New York
“excellent food, very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This restaurant has gorgeous views of Philadelphia from the 33rd floor of Loews Hotel, where as a rule, every employee is gracious and helpful. So it is somewhat surprising that in their flagship restaurant, every single employee is indifferent, spends time chatting with one another, doesn't clean off and reset tables when there is a long line creating significant wait times, etc. We waited 20 minutes for one of the 3 empty tables to be cleaned off and reset !! Some of that time was spent in the bar, where we were also entirely ignored, despite requesting service twice. Wow.
Good food, if you can get it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Madison, Wisconsin
“Awful service, mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our conference was at Loew's so we decided to eat lunch there. We waited over 45 minutes for our food. It was next to impossible to get service. When I told them I was a vegetarian, they just replied, "no, we don't have anything for you to eat". So I ordered a simple Caesar salad with vinaigrette instead of Caesar dressing. My salad arrived with Caesar dressing on it. When I sent it back because of the mistake, they just brought it back (at least 15 minutes later) with the Caesar dressing on the side rather than a vinaigrette dressing.

My dining companions also reported their food to be mediocre.

My soy cappuccino really had little foam on it but, obviously, that's a minor thing compared to the rest of the experience.

All three of us tipped less than 10% because the service was such a disaster.

• Visited January 2014