Trade Winds Bed and Breakfast
$271
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$156
$199
Loews Hotels
$189
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$196
$143
$179
Courtyard
$148
$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomsmall refrigeratoryogurtbottled watersouth streetb bfloor roomwithin walking distancemin walkkimmel centerone night stayhistoric sitesindependence hallmarjorietradewindsblockphilly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Marjorie Amrom's Trade Winds Bed and Breakfast is a great location close to everything in Philly. 4+ different Cheese Steak Places within 10 minutes including Pat's and Geno's, 10 minutes to the Library/Art Museum, got to run the stairs....

Great Place to stay at a reasonable cost. I'll stay again when in Philly.

Room was the one with 2 Twin Beds and a shared Bathroom. Good size and NO problems sharing the bathroom. Portable AC in the room. Sat. TV. Cool environment.

Fridge was stocked with Juice and Yogurt and Cereal was in the room. Coffee and Microwave. Great for evening snacks and Breakfast.

Marjorie was very helpful in getting around Philly. Parking a bit of a issue but found one on the street (FREE) with in a block of her place.

Note: This is a B&B so know there are stairs to go up to the rooms.

Room Tip: One of the few B&B's with a room with 2 twin bed's anywhere in the world. AC is great to have on those humid summer nights (I'm from PHX so the EVERYWHERE with the possible exception of the middle east is humid by comparison)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary H
Reviewed June 4, 2012

COMPLETELY IGNORE THE "WORST 30 MINUTES OF OUR LIFE" REVIEW . . . with the exception of the cereal and milk breakfast.

We were met at the door by the owner with a city visitor parking pass she purchased and had ready for us upon arrival. Next, she called while we were driving around looking for street parking to tell us she was standing in a recently abandoned parking place directly across the street from the front door. She arranged bus tour pickup, directed us to the nearest grocery stores and offered pretty much anything we could need for our stay in Philadelphia.

The neighborhood was extremely clean, safe and convenient to almost all the local historic attractions. We didn't get a cab at all during our stay and were less than a 15 minute walk to everything we wanted to see.

We traveled with 2 small children and the accommodations were much better than a hotel. We had 2 bedrooms connected by a bathroom and the price was the same as the cheapest acceptable single hotel room in the area and included a wonderful ambiance, comfortable beds, free wireless internet and a basic breakfast.

We will stay here again when we travel through Philadelphia.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Glenn L
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed in the room with the mural on the top floor on two occasions, both being romantic occasions. The mural and the fancy decor gave the room a sort of cozy elegance. It was also nice to have a TV (with cable) and fridge available; it made our stay more convenient. The place could've used a light dusting, but the decent service overshadowed that. Marjorie was helpful and fair in her pricing; this will easily be the place I look to stay my next trip to Philly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed March 19, 2011

PROS: Great little neighborhood – Washington Square District. Safe and architecturally/historically interesting. Convenient walking distance to many sites, restaurants and shops – if you’re a city walker. An inexpensive place to stay – relative to other area B&Bs and certainly less than all of the area chain hotels. The owner, Marjorie, was very nice and trusting – leaving a key for me to arrive early in the day – even though she was going to be out all day and asked me to leave payment in the room when we left since she was not going to be around when we departed. Unlike most B&Bs, the room had several amenities typically found at a hotel – a television, a phone, free Wifi, a mini-frig with water, coffee maker and a microwave.

CONS: You just get a “bed” and “breakfast” – this is not one of those B&Bs that offers any communal spaces like a living room, dining room, library, sitting room, porch, etc. The room could have used a thorough cleaning – lots of dust under the beds, on the blinds and behind the night stand (found when I went to plug in my cell phone charger and computer). While my room did not smell of cigarettes, the entry certainly indicated that the owner (or a family member) was a smoker. The breakfast was waiting in the room upon our arrival and while I am truly not a germaphobe, I didn’t care for the large Rubbermaid-type container of cereal and open containers of milk and OJ left in the room frig. The beds were comfortable, but mattresses were covered in plastic waterproof covers, which made for a noisy night. In addition, the home is located on a relatively busy corner and the traffic noise was a bit bothersome late into the night.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank bmore_5705
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I thought it was a good place to stay if you just need a place to rest your head. It was a few minutes from Independence National Historic Park. It's ideally located for exploring the east side of Philadelphia if you like to walk. The room had a bistro table & chairs so you could eat breakfast in the room and bottled water, milk, OJ, yoghurt & cereal were supplied in a small fridge. There was free Wi-fi, as well as a microwave and small TV with cable in the room. There was a shared bathroom which was a bit disconcerting at first, but we found that the sound of the tap/shower was an indication not to go in. My favorite part was the Tuscan garden mural on the wall, which made you feel like you were in another world! I would not recommend it as a place to stay for people with allergies. If I was going back to eastern Philly, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple