“Simply amazing steaks and service!”
Review of Barclay Prime

Barclay Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Barclay Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Locust
Transit: The 12 Bus Route runs on Locust Street & curls around Rittenhouse Square. Get off at the intersection of 18th Street.
Topeka, Kansas
“Simply amazing steaks and service!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food and atmosphere in Barclay Prime was fantastic! I loved the fun couch we sat on at our table, and the service was divine. Our waiter was very attentive and well versed in the food served there. He even let us pick our own steak knives to use with our dinner. Our steaks were cooked to perfection along with the potatoes and asparagus that we had ordered. It was a more pricey than other restaurants nearby, but well worth it. I will be back the next time I am in Philadelphia.

Visited June 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Be hungry”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very upscale steak house. Interesting place - very old school place with funky furniture. top-shelf staff. steaks, seafood, etc - very large portions. all very tasty. is pricy, but you know that going in the door. good place for a biz dinner or a romantic evening.

PA
“Best Steakhouse in Philly”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We visited Barclay Prime for a special occasion and it lived up to everything said about it and more. Great location on Rittenhouse Sq and valet parking available ($25) but this is not much more than self parking in local garages in this part of Philly. The entrance area has a nice bar and a classic old steakhouse feel. The actual dining area is more contemporary and very open. My only complaint was the music which did not quite fit the atmosphere. Everything is pricey but as expected. Martini's were good. The Wedge salad is not quite as large and ornate as other steakhouses that I've experienced, but still very good. Popovers! They are superb! I had a dry-aged NY strip medium and it was cooked perfectly and was just exceptional. Added mushrooms and Truffle- Mac'n'Cheese. Sides are split with your dinner mates. No wine, no desert - but dinner for two with tip was $250. The service was very attentive. We enjoyed choosing our own steak knife style - kind of unique.I would certainly go back for another special occasion.

• Visited June 2014
“Amazing meal- perfect for special occasions”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Barclay Prime and loved every minute. The service is superb, from the friendly and knowledgable staff to the knife selection, and the steaks were unbelievable. Yes, you will pay for what you get, but I don't mind spending money on something that actually turned out to be the best steak I've ever had.

1 Thank Luv2travel1308
Eugene, Oregon
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Walking in the front door I realized I was in fine steak house with its old style wood covered walls. I had great Western oysters, a lobster bisque, and a 8 oz fillet. Excellant service, a great wine list including 1/2 bottles and wine by the glass. I would love to go back and try other cuts of meat. My meal could not have been better or the server more friendly.