“Very good”
Review of Barclay Prime

Barclay Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Barclay Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Locust
Transit: The 12 Bus Route runs on Locust Street & curls around Rittenhouse Square. Get off at the intersection of 18th Street.
Clinton
“Very good”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I split a steak sampler, which had 3 types of steaks and it was very good, not sure it was worth $105 but still it was good. Our apps. were delicious as were the desserts.

Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“What would would expect”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had high expectatations. After all, it is a high end, expensive steakhouse. It met all of my expectations. There is a lot of competition in Philly for high end steakhouses, but this restaurant is right near the top.

DarienJim
“Been to the others but prefer this Steak House in Philly!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

For those that follow my reviews, you know that I travel quite a lot and get to eat at some very good restaurants. I am particularly fond and special steaks. So when I rave about a steak place, it is probably for good reason.

Barclays is an excellent steakhouse. I particularly love the bar with an old time London feel to it. I know I am being picky, but when I order a martini, I expect the bar to offer blue cheese stuffed olives. Our bartender had these, a tall pour and extra cold, just as I asked.

Next we went to a very airy and fun setting for the main dining room and were greeted by an excellent staff. Our waiter, when asked, offered up an excellent bottle of red wine and very surprisingly affordable price. You recommended the in-bone ribeye steak, and was not disappointed. It was cooked to perfection. We started off with a Caesar salad, which was huge, and was awesome. It's hard to make a great Caesar salad and Barclay's kitchen came through. This is a great steakhouse a I highly recommend it.

Delaware
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been lucky enough to eat at alot of steak houses. This is my 2nd time dining here and I must say that Barclay Prime has definitely moved up to one of my top 3 steak houses in the country. Food and service is always such a subjective thing, plus on any given night something can be off that puts the whole thing off, but for the 2nd time in a row Barclay Prime has hit it out of the park for me and my husband.
1. Not a large menu, but plenty of variety and selection.
2. I had the bone in filet which was simply divine and the mac & cheese sidedish was de-lish!!!
3. The service was transparent, what I mean was they were there when you needed them but invisible when you didn't.
4. The pacing of the meal was perfect.
5. Atmosphere, lighting was good and the accustics of the dining room was nice as that it was not overshadowed with other conversations, but you also felt you could have a private conversation without everyone hearing you.

Lastly, when I made the reservation I had noted that it was hubby's birthday. It was a nice touch that when they brought out his Creme Brulee they had printed Happy Birthday in chocolate along the plate.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Attentive service, good food, elegant dining room, upscale address, but not worth it.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The concierge at our hotel strongly recommended Barclay Prime, so my husband & I tried it, knowing that it was rather expensive. Staff attentive & friendly; food good--not outstanding; main course--small portion & somewhat pretentious; beautiful dining room, but background music (rock/top 40) mismatched to elegant dining room (smooth jazz would have been more appropriate); yet there really wasn't anything (including the service) so special, that justified the price. I'm sure it would impress some people, but we didn't think it was worth it. (And we didn't order any drinks or dessert--which would have cost another $100 or more I'm sure!) I suppose it caters to people with expense accounts. The following night, we dined at a Greek restaurant around the corner, which was a better value.