“Another Great Tour with the 76 Carriage Co & Philadelphia Trolley Works”

Philadelphia Trolley Works
Book In Advance
$63.00*
and up
Philadelphia 3-Combo Tour: Hop-on Hop-off, Eastern State Penitentiary, and...
$85.00*
Philadelphia Horse Drawn Carriage Tour
$32.00*
Philadelphia 27-Stop Double Decker Tour Pass
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I visited the Philadelphia area this past March from a surprise Gift she gave me… We did the Deluxe Tour via a Horse and Carriage and it was amazing!!!! We’ll I surprised her this time for her B-Day and beings we had such a great experience the first time, we took the kids (boys 7 and 11) as well… This time we did the Medium Tour in case the kids missed their DS’s and Kindles and Ginger was our Guide… Ginger was very knowledgeable and great with the kids… She kept them on their toes every minute of the ride… My wife and I even learned more and noticed different things this time while doing the shortened version of the Deluxe tour we took back in March… We went this past Saturday morning on 10-19-13 and it was Sunny , cool and perfect… Weather it be a Romantic stroll through historic Philadelphia or a day out with the family, you can’t go wrong with the Philadelphia Trolly Works Guiding your way…

Pamela M, Manager at Philadelphia Trolley Works, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Hello NewJerseyDan24,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus, and for your positive review. I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your tour experience. Thank you for acknowledging your tour guide, Ginger. She appreciates the recognition for a job well done.

There are newer reviews for Philadelphia Trolley Works

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the first time we have had the pleasure of taking a tour of Philadelphia.
Not knowing what to expect, we thought it would be interesting—but also thought it could be slightly boring, and we were pleasantly surprised that the tour was not at all boring!

Tessa was our guide and she was incredible. She was easy to listen to and presented a thought-provoking and memorable tour. We learned a lot of interesting facts along the way—many about the city of Philadelphia, but also about the men and women that have made an impact on Philadelphia throughout history.

I have to say, this tour is not just for tourists—I grew up just outside of Philadelphia and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. I highly recommend this tour :-)

Hello Brittany j,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus. I am pleased you enjoyed your tour and that you found it memorable and that you learned something new even though you are from the area. Thank you for acknowledging your tour guide, Tessa. She appreciates the recognition for a job well done.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I like to take a trolley tour when visiting a new city, and this tour didn't let us down. The guide was excellent and provided lots of info. It was raining, so we were on trolleys rather than the bus. Since the plastic was down, to protect us from the rain, the views weren't quite as good. Still. it was a great was to spend a rainy afternoon.

1  Thank framgal

Hello framgal,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus. I am pleased your enjoyed your tour experience even on a rainy day. When you visit Philadelphia again, please ride our tour on top one of the Big Bus double deckers. There is really no better way to see the historic city of Philadelphia.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited on a work trip and our group could only sight see at night. We did the Philly by night tour and was not disappointed! This 90 min tour went by all the important sights and stopped at the rocky steps so we could climb them. We learned a ton about the city from the very entertaining guide. Even our team member from the area was impressed by the knowledge she learned! We loved every minute of it.

Hello Cassie M,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus, and for your positive review. I am pleased you and your group enjoyed our Philly By Night tour. There is no better way to see the city lights than from the top of a Big Bus double decker. Thank you for acknowledging your tour guide. Our guides strive to provide an informative, engaging, and entertaining tour, and I am glad this was your experience.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was in Philly and opted for this tour after getting the Groupon. I really enjoyed the R/T tour and felt that the guides gave great info and were very knowledgable about the city. You see a lot of different sites. Definitely sit on the top deck and enjoy it. Just watch out for low hanging branches - we were on the tallest one and were just clearing the branches. I would recommend doing the R/T then selecting a few sites to get off on a subsequent trip. Buses came around every half hour or so.

Hello tchoiniere,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus. I am pleased you enjoyed your tour experience. Thank you for acknowledging our tour guides. They appreciate the recognition for a job well done.