“Great experience!!!! Friendly and very knowledgeable!!!”

Philadelphia Trolley Works
Book In Advance
$63.00*
and up
Philadelphia 3-Combo Tour: Hop-on Hop-off, Eastern State Penitentiary, and...
$85.00*
Philadelphia Horse Drawn Carriage Tour
$32.00*
Philadelphia 27-Stop Double Decker Tour Pass
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I took our kids on the double decker big bus tours and we had such a good time!! Our guide Chris was very knowledgeable, friendly and funny!! Would totally recommend this bus tour for families!! Good job guys!!!

Pamela M, Manager at Philadelphia Trolley Works, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Hello Kimberly S,

Thank your for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus. I am pleased you enjoyed your tour experience and that you recommend it for families. Thank you for acknowledging your tour guide. He appreciates the recognition for a job well done.

There are newer reviews for Philadelphia Trolley Works

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This really would be nothing more than a 90 minute ride on a Trolley-style diesel minibus without the steady hand of Bernard at the wheel and the entertaining informative wise-cracks of Brian on the mic. If you are looking for a "hop-on-hop-off" service, you will need to look elsewhere. Still, if you are looking for an comfy drive-thru of Old City and the Franklin Parkway, with a stop a the jow-dropping Philly Museum of Art/Fairmout Waterworks (a.k.a the place with the Rocky Steps), this is your bus company and these should be the only guys you ride with. The above was a synopsis of my family reunion's venture with the TrolleyWorks Saturday June 29. Please note that I did not book the trip and I cannot speak to if there are other types of services they provide. I just know Bernard and Brian and I know if I used Philly Trolley Works again, I wouldn't want to ride with anyone else!

1  Thank Jillian W

Hello Jillian W,

I am pleased Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus was able to accommodate your special occasion and enhance your visit to the city. I am happy you enjoyed the tour and would do it again! Thank you for acknowledging your driver, Bernard, and guide, Brian. They strive to provide the best tour experience possible, and appreciate the recognition for a job well done.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We used Philadelphia Trolley Works as a special treat for our students going to their 8th grade dance. The process to book the trolley and fill out the paperwork was easy and user friendly. The staff was very nice and easy to work with. The driver was actually early and came prepared to play the kids music on the Ipod adaptor. The process from start to finish could not have gone smoother, I would use them again with no question.

1  Thank couellette

Hello couellette,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works for your special event. Our staff strive to provide the best experience possible from start to finish, so I am glad they accomplished that for you and your group.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My niece was in town for a visit and we took this tour and it was fantastic. The employees were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We got off at several of the stops and the bus was always back at the appointed time to pick us up. I learned a lot of things about Philadelphia that I didn't know. I will definitely take future visitors on this tour, and am planning to take my husband and children as well.

Hello ELievens,

Thank you for choosing Philadelphia Trolley Works & Big Bus, and for your positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed your tour experience, and that you will do it again!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I could not find many reviews of this tour and those I found were negative, so I was apprehensive. Our tour was almost flawless, however. The company called the day before with our pickup time. They arrived promptly at our hotel and our driver took us to the train station. He escorted us inside and made sure we understood everything before he left. After a pleasant train ride, a cab picked us up in Lancaster, again very promptly. We arrived at the Amish Experience (reviewed separately), completed our tour, and then did everything again in reverse. The only suggestion I have is that we returned to the Lancaster station at 4:15 and our train did not leave until 5:35. We would have preferred to hang out at the Amish Experience longer, instead of sitting on the uncomfortable benches at the station with nothing to do. Overall, however, this was efficiently done and the staff was very nice.

Hello ILoveTexas
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your tour experience and found Philadelphia Trolley Works' service to be friendly and efficient.