$139
Marriott Hotels
$173
$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewswells fargo centersports complexlincoln financial fieldlo spiedoxfinity liveurban outfitterscitizens bank parksporting eventsminute walkstadium areaphilly sportshockey gamenewer hotelsecurity guardbroad streetwithin walking distanceeasy access
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great area of going to the Wells Fargo center or the other area venues. The Navy yard is right by the hotel and makes for a nice little picture spot.
Unfortunately the hotel turn-around didn't meet my expectations at the rate I paid. Fully booked the night before as well, so I presume the nuances you'd expect at this level likely slipped a bit because of that.
With said I still expected a cleaner bathroom and linens. The carpet in the hallway stunk like someone partied too much either from one end of the other.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Randy G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Kabstrip,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our goal is to be the cleanest, friendliest hotel in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, you did not have this experience. I do apologize for the issues and inconviences during your stay. I will share your feedback with our team as a training opportunity to better enhance our guests experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We always stay in Marriott's and found this one for half the price of the other's in the city. Short drive to everything we wanted to see. A little tricky to find but quick check-in, new hotel, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very friendly staff made check in a breeze on a busy Saturday. Room was clean and accommodating, not too fancy but comfy bed, good size bathroom (a plus when sharing the room with your sister) and mini fridge. Was in town for a concert, great to be in walking distance to Citizens Bank Park. The cafe in the lobby areas serves lite fare and Starbucks (great to have decent coffee on site!). This hotel would be great for large groups. The large lobby/main level has plenty of space: couches, tables, high tops, outdoor patio to share a drink or meet up with your group. This is important as there is nothing else around (one restaurant Bar Amis is quite good and also in walking distance) except for the office park and sports complex.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Chrissy S,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! First impressions are everything and it is nice to see you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel.
We hope to see you soon when back in Philadelphia.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my daughter to a concert before she leaves for college. We were so excited. We drove 7+ hours to get there and when we got there all we wanted to do was relax before the show. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The floor was dirty, there was hair in the shower drain and on the shower wall and the bath mat was stained w something red.

We showered, ate and went to the concert. And then checked out at 7am the next day. It didn’t ruin the amazing time we had, just wish we were more comfortable.

And one more thing, tried asking the front desk for directions to the highway bc the gates were locked and not 1 person could help me w street names. They just told me to take a right and another right and then a left. Guess what? I don’t live here, hence the directions. Apparently that really annoyed them. So rude! Customer service soft skills go a long way, people!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank mommyheatherk
carnell w, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mommyheatherk

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on Tripadvisor.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Courtyard Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this
issue from occurring in the future.

Please feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 215-644-9200. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your
confidence in the Courtyard Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard.

Carnell White
Operations Manager
Courtyard Navy Yard South
carnell.white@marriott.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for the U2 concert and after the concert seeing the crazy traffic were so glad we did. The hotel is an easy walk to stadiums and arena. There is plenty of parking and if you arrive before 4pm the parking is free. We had a king room and it was a good size and very clean! The bed was comfortable and I couldn't get over how well soundproofed the hotel was. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, it is worth every penny!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Randy G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Laxmom3kids,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed staying with us.

We hope to see you back soon!

Randy