“Chicken Shishtawook Sandwiches To Die For”

Saad's Halal Restaurant
Ranked #375 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: University City
Neighborhood: University City
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very nice people and excellent food characterize this West Philadelphia eatery which conforms to all Islamic dietary laws.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I had a chance to eat here with friends in November, what a great place, I would say, best and most affordable halal food in east coast. One can get local food, but halal - great treat for all.. The environment is very good and clean... Highly recommended to everyone...

1  Thank KMAOmar
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I buy their chicken maroush on a regular basis. The ingredients are fresh and the taste is great. The white sauce is tasty but I find that a little too fatty so I ask for light. The lamb and falafel sandwiches are also very good

1  Thank Zehao H
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I came here 2 weeks ago, and had to come here again (2 hr drive) to satisfy my craving! The spices/tang of the sauce on the chicken maroosh is perfect and the cheesesteak is cooked to perfection. Top it off with the Turkish yogurt drink and aahhh..
Drawback is parking.

1  Thank Ikhan3
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here recently with a recommendation from a friend so we tried it out and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I had the chicken wrap that comes with lettuce, tomatoes and their garlic sauce, it was delicious :) The first thing you do when you walk in is order, then they call your name when your food is ready and then it's time to sit down and enjoy! I would recommend this place to anyone who likes Mediterranean food and is in the area.

1  Thank TravelG27