“Delicious food in a lovely atmosphere”

Saad's Halal Restaurant
Ranked #560 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: University City
State College, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food in a lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here recently with a recommendation from a friend so we tried it out and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I had the chicken wrap that comes with lettuce, tomatoes and their garlic sauce, it was delicious :) The first thing you do when you walk in is order, then they call your name when your food is ready and then it's time to sit down and enjoy! I would recommend this place to anyone who likes Mediterranean food and is in the area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GizemU

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
“Brings memories... Good ones...”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I used to come here every often. I really loved this place. They have some tasty shawarma sandwiches and falafel. Even the cheesesteak they have tastes good. Saad is also a good guy, very kind and always called me by my name (I was a regular customer there).

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Abzollo
Coventry, United Kingdom
“literally halal”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

clean and delicious food. I think that they are basically quite serious about 'cleanliness' is what really makes their food fully halal.. most of the time, you see 'halal' written in front of other restaurants, but no attention is paid to cleanliness. Different from those places with fake halal claims, Saad is very serious about cleanliness..Also, friendly staff..

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank daff0dile
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My kind of food”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food is great. You have a variety of halal dishes from American to Middle Eastern food. I love the cheese steaks and french fries. Also, the half of chickens platters and the bean pies!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Abu_Asiyah
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of the best in Philly”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been dining here for years and this remains one of our favorites in Philly. Friendly staff, good service, and a nice atmosphere made better by their "no cell phone" policy. My wife and daughter usually order the chicken maroush and I usually experiment with the different menu items. Centrally located, in a decent neighborhood, i recommend everyone try this place.

• Visited April 2013