“not just Another Cheesestak joint”

Joe's Steaks + Soda Shop
Ranked #205 of 4,392 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
“not just Another Cheesestak joint”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

To say Joe's is a throwback or old school is an understatement. It is so old school that you would expect the kids from American Bandstand to march in for milkshake. The place has small booths with individual juke boxes. there is counter service and swivel seating. OH, the food was terrific.
Had a cheesesteak with onions. they served hot peppers and pickles on the side. I had the Thursday special large cheesesteak with milkshake for $11. worth every dollar. My spouse had the chicken cheese steak with onions and mushrooms. also a great sandwich. This place is a hole in the wall and is close off US 95 BUT OUT OF THE WAY FROM CENTER CITY. Cash only . open 1030 am to 8pm everyday. during the summer it may be closed on Sundays. Joe himself grilled our sandwiches. they have great Milkshakes, egg creams and different sodas WORTH THE VISIT. WILL GO BACK AGAIN.

• Visited August 2013

“Good food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't have much Philly cheesesteak experience IN Philly, but we went here because of the Tripadvisor reviews we saw. It really was very good. Strong onion flavor, and the melted cheese makes them awesome. No cheese wiz here. I was glad about that. I don't think I would have liked that very much. We also tried the shakes, and we got burgers for the kids. All in all, it was tasty. This place is a little out of the way, though, and the neighborhood is questionable. There is really no place to sit a family as big as our there, so I just went in and ordered stuff to go. We also didn't feel safe parking our car on the street and leaving it for a period of time. Overall, the food was good, but the location could be better.

• Visited July 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Excellent cheesesteaks and milkshakes”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I actually almost forgot to review this place. We drove to Philly which is about 3 hours away from my in laws house in New Jersey just to get a real Philly Cheese steak. My husband wanted to go to Geno's or Pats, but I had already read on another website that these places were just tourist traps. I spent about 30 minutes searching for another place and this one kept coming up on the local websites so I begged my husband just to let us go here. But he wanted to at least try Geno's we decided to do a comparison. It was no contest Chinks was so delicious it ruined me for cheese steaks. Geno's tasted just plain awful after having Chinks. We got a chocolate milk shake that was so thick and yummy. The only downside is very little seating and the parking on the side street was kind of tight. We ended up eating our cheese steak in the car.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank R0430
“11 years in Philly and finally a good cheesesteak”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Now called Joe's I finally found the place to go for a good cheese steak. All flavor, not greasy and great service. A bit hard to find but worth the trouble.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Terri L
Maryland, USA
“Delicious cheesesteaks, milkshakes, friendly staff!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very happy that the good reviews of this restaurant were accurate. We came in between lunch and dinner so there were open tables and the bar seating was also open. Squeezing into the very tight booths was another issue but we managed and pulled up a chair for one of us that just couldn't fit in the booth. There were no menus. Everything was painted on the wall. The dress-coordinated servers were very friendly and efficient. I liked that we could choose between 3 different cheeses for our cheesesteaks!the pickles and peppers were yummy on the side, non-greasy fries were served hot. The thinly sliced beef was tender. Would recommend Chinks to. Friends.

3 Thank iag2011