“Return visit led to disappointment”
Review of Cafette - CLOSED

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Chestnut Hill
NJ
“Return visit led to disappointment”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to Cafette with friends a few months ago and wrote a review about our great experience (the review is still below and it was really great-service, food, everything!). I returned to Cafette this past weekend with friends after bragging about the restaurant and was sorely disappointed. The service was still very good but the food was not at all what I experienced on my last visit. Many of the dishes we loved were removed from the menu, such as the banana's foster pancakes, which were awesome! The menu on the restaurant's website has also not been updated and my friend who wanted the cannoli french toast was sad to learn it was also no longer on the menu. This visit, I had the eggs benedict and it was just okay. After much bragging about my prior experience, I felt like my friends were really questioning my suggestion after a disappointing meal (they had the french toast and an omelet caprese and were decidedly of the opinion they were just okay as well). I'm hoping the restaurant was just having an "off day" for my return visit but the menu is different and the portions seemed smaller than last visit.

• Visited July 2012

Hoboken, NJ
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had a great experience while at the restaurant. I thought the service and food was excellent. However, when I returned home, I started vomiting. I will never return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Tucked away off the main drag in CHestnut Hill----good Sunday brunch foods. Pumpkin pancakes to die for !

Visited April 2012
Philadelphia
“Interesting and Worthwhile for Chestnut Hill”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I love when you are walking in a new area and just happen to walk into a new experience that is positive.
While in the Chestnut Hill area we stopped in for lunch and found the overall experience to be very positive.
Cafette is a charming, small (!!), clean little restaurant located off the main drag of Chestnut Hill. It has a small patio where you can sit outside on nice days, along with indoor service. The food was freshly prepared with the portion size being just right. . We had turkey wraps, tofu omelets, and lunch salads. We were very satisfied with the service, food, and price.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Goesoutalot
NJ
“Excellent food, nice surroundings, good service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Friends and I weren't able to get into another brunch spot in Chestnut Hill so we went to Cafette and they welcomed us right in! The building from the outside does not capture the charm of indoors (and it looks like outdoor patio seating in warmer weather!). The surroundings were airy and bright, cute tables and decorations. We were pleased they served organic eggs and nitrate free italian sausage as well as very delicious fair trade coffee! I had the bananas foster flapjacks, my friends had the peach cobbler flapjacks and a special omelette with gruyere, onions, mushrooms and other goodness inside. The pancakes were awesome--light and airy and more like crepes. They were delicious. Our table also shared a side of the Italian sausage and it was delicious. Everyone had a great meal, service was good and the prices were very reasonable for large portions. We will be back again for brunch and looked at their dinner menu which also looked delicious! Put Cafette on your weekend brunch list, you won't regret it!

• Visited February 2012