Although the hotel is beautiful, the service is by far the worst I have ever experienced in my life. It's unprofessional and mediocre and worse than being in an Adams Family show (see the review by a TripAdvisor member on 6/5/05)
I am not the type of person who complains a lot but what I had to endure at Morris House was beyond belief.
1. The first incident happened the minute I opened the door to check in. I had not even put my luggage down and was still 15 feet away from the front desk when the lady at the front desk started bombarding me with questions. I didn't say anything.
2. That evening, I went to the living room downstairs to watch TV. To my dismay and oblivious to my presence, the manager (Mr. D.) continued watching a TV show in a foreign language without even asking me whether I would like to change the channel or not. I had to wait until he left the room to switch to another channel.
3. The next day I called Mr. D. and asked him if he could tell me which bars have live music. Instead of calling around to get the information, as he was supposed to do, he chose to yell at me saying “I’ve already told you yesterday that I don't have that information!". I went downstairs to tell him that that his behavior was totally inappropriate and uncalled for. He was defensive at the beginning and became aggressive when I told him that he needs to do his job properly.
4. That same evening, I returned to the hotel at around 9 pm. The first thing the night manager said when I came in was not,” Hello", but “Are you a guest or what?!" How welcoming!
5. On my last day, I went downstairs to check out. I had just started telling Mr. D. about my complaints when he abruptly cut me off and said he doesn’t want to listen to what I have to say and if I have complaints I need to put them in writing! Unbelievable!
The only person that seems to be doing their job properly while I was there was the maid. It’s obvious that the front desk has serious training issue and needs an overhaul.
In short, and as other guests have stated in their reviews, the service at Morris House Hotel is mediocre, dysfunctional, rude and unwelcoming. Had I not prepaid for 3 nights, there is no doubt I would have checked out immediately.
Don’t waste your time and money. Avoid this place like the plague!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This national historic landmark, renovated into a luxury boutique hotel, offers cozy accommodations and elegantly combines 18th century charm with all of today's modern conveniences.The Morris House Hotel offers uniquely decorated rooms, complete with charming views of the private garden or city. Free Wi-Fi is included.Guests at the hotel can enjoy a delicious continental breakfast every morning and afternoon tea with homemade cookies. M Restaurant, located on site, features French-inspired cuisine and a garden patio.Only a short distance from the Morris House are some of Philadelphia's main attractions. Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell are moments away. A number of world-renowned restaurants, shops and theaters are also within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Morris House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morris Hotel Philadelphia