All reviews washington square the main house continental breakfast no elevator pennsylvania hospital sitting room complimentary glass of wine historic inn mini suite independence hall third floor charming hotel modern conveniences across the street liberty bell historic sites small hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was just ok. I expected it to be a little nicer, based on pictures. Location is very good to walk to places though. Our room, 402, was very small and cramped. The bathroom was spacious but the walls needed some love from a Magic Eraser, and other superficial blemishes cheapened the place. Coffee at breakfast was terrible.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolftopus
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I spent a couple of days at this charming hotel ideally located as it is close to the major historical places, yet set on a quiet street. It was the home of the governor of Pennsylvania who was present when so many conflicts were ironed out during the writing of the Constitution. I had a beautifully decorated room in a traditional antique style on the second floor. I had a great service from multiple people carrying my luggage, checking in and out and making my family comfortable when they came in from New Jersey to pick me up. The breakfast was plentiful and eaten either in the lovely dining room or the parlor. You overlook a big open garden space with flowers.The complimentary glass of wine and the warm cookies were a nice welcome. Don’t expect a TV or an elevator; rather you get old
Philadelphia ambience, graciousness and warm hospitality.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia O
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

We went to the Morris House Hotel for our anniversary. It lived up to our expectations! I booked late and reserved room 304, the smallest of the rooms. It was still very roomy and had a lovely bath with 2 showers and private little hallway. It was peaceful, elegant and relaxing.

They serve a excellent Euopean continental breakfast. Baked goods,Croissants, eggs, cheeses, Greek yogurt and granola. They have a beautiful, historic dining room or shady courtyard to enjoy your breakfast in.

It’s a 2 minutes walk to Washington’s square, Independence Hall, or Historic Pennsylvania Hospital with its apothecary garden.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I am so glad that I found this hotel. I had a very lovely suite! The reasonable price includes Free breakfast, cookies and tea, a glass of wine in the evening (whenever you want it) and 10% off meals at the on site restaurant which made me dinner even though I arrived 15 minutes after the kitchen closed. The bartender and local guests at the bar made me feel like I had arrived home as I was eating my first dinner, even though I had never been in Philadelphia before. It was a great start for a marvelous visit to that friendly city! The hotel is in a historic home with a nice courtyard near Independence Hall, many historic museums and Society Hill neighborhood. Lots of great restaurants nearby like Talula’s Garden and La Buca. Also within 3/4 mike from V Street and Vedge, if you’re vegan. Even though it is walking distance to the historic sites, it is quiet and somewhat hidden. A true hidden gem!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2018

The Morris House is a lovely place for a get away. Very close to all historic attractions in Philadelphia. The decor is amazing, like stepping back in time, yet cozy as well. I can't say enough about how nice the staff were. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wishing to soak up the ambiance of Philly.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple