“I love this hotel!!!”
Review of Morris House Hotel

Morris House Hotel
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My stay at the Morris house was absolutely lovely.
Loved the history of the house.
I was able to eat in their restaurant which has wonderful food.
All aspects of this hotel are lovely.
If you can appreciate unique and elegant design touches you will certainly love this hotel. Not only is the hotel a treat, the staff is just as wonderful. I will certainly recommend this hotel to all friends that come into the area

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
MorrisHouseHotel, General Manager at Morris House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for loving us! It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our dear guests. Thank you for complementing our lovely restaurant and friendly staff. Please let us know if you ever plan to come back, we would be grateful if we can help in any way!

There are newer reviews for Morris House Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visit Philadelphia for work and stumbled upon this place by chance. The staff was very friendly and my hotel room was absolutely perfect! I found myself speaking to one of the managers during their breakfast and she told me how it was a restorerd historic landmark with tons of history. They have gorgeously warm common areas and a very charming courtyard to sit and enjoy. That evening I asked for dinner recommondations and they pointed out one of there three buildings was a restaurant which I tried and loved! By far best experience I have ever had in Philadelphia. I consider myself a foodie but they really opened my eyes to how much fun food can be! Very excited to visit again.

Room Tip: 15 unique rooms in two styles, ask for a traditional or modern depending your style!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guests,
Sincere greeting from Morris House, We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stay in Morris House. Thank you for praising our charming courtyard and nice restaurant. It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our guests. We hope to greet you again someday !

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend in Philly at this boutique hotel. It was our first time there, but we absolutely loved it. The room was huge with a big bathroom complete with tub and shower, kitchen, living room and bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. All of the staff we dealt with was very friendly and helpful. Based on previous reviews, we didn't waste our time with the breakfast so I can't speak to that, but we did enjoy the cookies the couple of nights we were there which were very fresh and delicious. Also, the location is close enough to all the action of center city but also in a quiet neighborhood which is a nice balance. I definitely will be returning to the Morris House.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your fabulous review. Thank you for your kind words to our comfortable hotel rooms and hard work staffs. It is our pleasure to greet you and having you as our guests. If you ever decide to come back and stay in Philadelphia, we hope to greet you again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my first visit to Morris House. Feeling stressed from concern of Hurricane Sandy, as soon as taxi drove up and I viewed the hotel, the stress started decreasing and even more so when I walked through the beautiful front door into the entry.
Shannan was on duty when I arrived and departed. What a hard working, helpful, friendly and personable person. She is just right for this establishment. She is a good role model for the chain hotel staff.
The continental breakfast was just enough to set me up for the day.
Location couldn't be easier, historical area almost at your doorstop.
Saved best to last, the room. Mini-suite 303. Sitting room beautifully furnished. Bedroom likewise, large room, bed greeted me like an old friend, best sleep. Overlooked the courtyard, very quite location and looking out at the little lights on just added to the whole 'away from it all feeling'.
What a sanctuary, hope I return to Philly, I will forget the big chains, and be treated like a welcomed guest by Morris House.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your fantastic review and thank you for taking your time online and sharing your positive experience of Morris House with Trip Advisor readers. It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our guests. We are looking forward to greet you again in the future!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed there one night but we wish it could have been more and if we ever make it back to Philly we will be sure to stay there again.
First off the location is perfect, just a few blocks from Independence Park and all of the attractions.
The room was a good size, well furnished and clean, there was a few minor wear and tear areas in the bathroom but wasn't too bad. Others have commented on being able to feel subway under the hotel, we were in room 302 and could feel it but we did not mind, kind of unusual.
Breakfast is Bed and Breakfast style, people eat downstairs either in the dining room or the other communal area.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I think they are pretty firm on their check in times.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Sincere greeting from Morris House. Thank you for stay with us in Morris House last year and we appreciate your kind review. It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our dear guests. We are looking forward to greet you again in the future!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I wish more people knew about this amazing hotel. From the wonderful cookies, afternoon tea, and historic feeling, this hotel is perfect for families or couples looking for a romantic getaway. Extremely close to all Philadelphia tourist attractions such as the Liberty Bell, South Street, Betsy Ross House, and Walnut Street Theatre, I could not have asked for a better lodging experience!!!

Best of all, they have a beautiful courtyard and restaurant attached to the hotel! Their pre-fixe menu was to die for and best Happy Hour specials in the city.

THANK YOU!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guests,
Thank you on your fabulous review. Great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Morris House and thank you for complimenting our historic feeling, wonderful cookie, afternoon tea, beautiful courtyard and nice restaurant. We are looking forward to greet you again someday! Thanks!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a fantastic hotel and in a great location in the city - walking distance for all the key attractions.

You feel like you're walking inot a piece of history when you enter the Morris House Hotel. Rooms are beautiful and traditional but fully equipped with anything you'd need and the breakfast and free afternoon tea are an added bonus too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you on your kind review. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Morris House. We hope to see you again if you have plan to visit USA.