“I enjoyed it - and everyone was very nice”
Review of Geno's Steaks

Geno's Steaks
Ranked #137 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Due to previous reviews, I almost didn't go - but found myself in Philly on Halloween and decided to try something different. Took a cab to the spot and walked right up to the window and placed my order without any issues. I got a " sir" a " thank you" and even a " yes sir" when I asked where the napkins were - when they were right in front of me. I don't know whiz about the difference between the different steaks and vendors - but mine was fine. I'm sure Pat's would have been just as fine or maybe even better - but I could only pick one and went for the bright flashly lights.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,812)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Against every tourist operators advice in Philly, and against the wise words of our hotel staff, and against the taxi drivers warning, we decided to check out Genos. We wanted to see for ourselves if it really is as bad as everyone was telling us. We wanted to see for ourselves if the entire Genos versus Pats drama was indeed pretend and just another miserable marketing ploy. We wanted to see if the food was as bad as every native Philly said it was. Boy were we unsurprised. The staff are rude. The food is bad! If you are a first timer, they treat you like crap and overlook you for the customers who know the menu. I think it is their stick to be rude and rudeness is intentional. The cheese steak we had at campos was much better than Genos or Pats. At least the bread was fresh at Campos. At Genos the bread was rock hard. The rumour is that they are owned by the same person or owned by friends. If you want to really know what is going on, don't read the nonsense reviews below. Sort the reviews from worst to best. Look at the worst reviews. Now there you have it. Don't go here!

2  Thank NeverAgain1989
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We ate at Geno's for the first time on our second visit to Philly. I"m usually a loyal Pat's fan, but decided to give Geno's a try. While they make a decent steak, the whiz is runny and the meat is just not quite as good. This place is worth a try once, but I strolled across the street to Pat's afterwards for the best one in Philly.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I enjoyed their Philly cheese steak but I'm going to have to say Pat's cheese steak sandwich across the street was better seasoned and had more cheese.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It was our first time eating at Geno's. The girl who took our order was great and having said that we expected a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Not so! Very little meat and even less cheese on all three sandwiches.

Next time we will eat at Pat's, right across the street.