“Great Philly cheese steaks”
Review of Geno's Steaks

Geno's Steaks
Ranked #144 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My friend and I stopped after going to the Camden Aquarium and had a wonderfully delicious Cheese steak. This was my favorite cheese steaks ever, made to order and quick as well. We made it just in time for a short line as well as after we got our food, a bus load of people had come in for their food. Place is worth the stop and the search for parking.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I took two of my co-workers to Geno's yesterday for lunch as we were working in S. Philly. The service was prompt and the food was good. I tried the wit whiz steak, it was good. The onions are chopped small, I prefer whole/larger onions but that's ok. This was exactly what I ordered @ Pat's the last time. So I've tried both places and ordered the identical lunch. They're both good. Geno's steak is sliced thin, not chopped which was good. Again a little pricey in my opinion @ $9.50. . . . . .

We did split an order of fries, they were not that great.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Bad service, never been before asked question about peppers and lady was about to lose her mind. I will never go back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had to do the cheesesteak tour while in Philadelphia! We went to Pat's first and then Geno's. The cheesesteak and service at Geno's were impeccable! But, good luck finding a place to sit!!! I would bet with food like theirs, it stays busy constantly! It was definitely worth the taxi ride there. Wishing I had one right now:-)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The huge line stretching around the block looked promising when we arrived at Geno's. We had been told to know exactly what we wanted when we got to the window or they'd 'NEXT' us.
After 20 minutes we arrived at the window and were actually a little shocked at the incredibly racist stickers stuck on the window. Getting past that we ordered our steaks, then at the next window ordered some fries. The fries were greasy and flavourless. The steak was on the dry side and it was all pretty bland. We couldn't understand what the big deal was. I think if you're in Philly and want to try a cheesesteak, give it a go but don't expect anything amazing.

Been to Geno's Steaks? Share your experiences!