“Well I tried it”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
“Well I tried it”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Bad service, never been before asked question about peppers and lady was about to lose her mind. I will never go back.

• Visited September 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Incredible!! Great service!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had to do the cheesesteak tour while in Philadelphia! We went to Pat's first and then Geno's. The cheesesteak and service at Geno's were impeccable! But, good luck finding a place to sit!!! I would bet with food like theirs, it stays busy constantly! It was definitely worth the taxi ride there. Wishing I had one right now:-)

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Below Average”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The huge line stretching around the block looked promising when we arrived at Geno's. We had been told to know exactly what we wanted when we got to the window or they'd 'NEXT' us.
After 20 minutes we arrived at the window and were actually a little shocked at the incredibly racist stickers stuck on the window. Getting past that we ordered our steaks, then at the next window ordered some fries. The fries were greasy and flavourless. The steak was on the dry side and it was all pretty bland. We couldn't understand what the big deal was. I think if you're in Philly and want to try a cheesesteak, give it a go but don't expect anything amazing.

• Visited October 2012
Texas
“What a Disappointment”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After all the hype, I was expecting a really good Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, so last year while on a trip up north I just could not help myself I had to give Geno's a try. To tell you the truth, Texas has much better Beef and real cheese all in all my advise is try something else if your in Philadelphia and your hungry, don't waste your time or money on this food. I guess it is worth going down there at night to see all the neon lights, but you don't linger for too long, it's a rough part of town, just a quick drive thru, have your camera ready.

• Visited October 2012
Hays, Kansas
“If you're the best in Philly, you're the best in the world”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife, son, and I hit this place our first night in town for my son's graduation from Temple. We went to both Geno's and Pat's, and by a score of 3-0, Geno's beat Pat's Steaks, the biggest competitor. The bread was slightly chewier, the steak better flavored, and the onions better seasoned. We all felt it wasn't even close.

• Visited September 2013