“The best!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have the cheesesteak with cheese wiz and onions! Really great! The cheese fries were the best too. We at at Geno's and Pat's and Geno's wins!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The charm is that it has it best competition right across the street. The argument is which one is better. We often come into town and have to try both in order to make sure which one is better. Our family is always divided, but the truth is the food is just down-right good. It is a must-do dining experience!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

First off - if you are a tourist to Philadelphia, you should go to both or either Pat's or Geno's. But know that they are far from the best cheesesteaks in Philly (which is? depends on who you ask!). But it is worth the trip to south Philly, stand in line outside, ordering cautiously and finally getting your sandwich dripping in cheese and grease. I suggest going with a friend and getting one each of Pat's and Geno's so that you can try them both. It seems that the city is split in half by preference - I slightly prefer Geno's.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to genos around noon noticing the line at pat's was actually longer I decide to give geno's a shot due to the fame they have........ Worst desition ever I guess since the owner and founder is no longer around this place has go down hill dramatically, I asked for an American with and this was as I said before, the WORST choise I have ever made, the onions were not even cooked and the meat was dry and no flavor whatsoever, my wife asked for extra onions and instead of the same amoun of meat and as the word says "extra" instead she got less meat and same amount of onions! This is by far the WORST!!!!!! Experience on a Philadelphia tradition Joey why you have to leave us, It is a disgrace what the people you left behind are doing to your business!!!!!! I am not a chef or anything but I could make a way better cheesesteak on my sleep and for the price is not worth it, I took two bites out of my sandwich and proceeded to the next step ( THE GARBAGE CAN) this was disgusting to even try to finish, what a let down, I will never ever spend a dime on this place I will rather go hungry than eat here.

1  Thank Sqlot
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In the heart of South Philadelphia but does not stand out from far to be an icon of Philadelphia. Neatness is questionable. Service is so so and they speak too fast and serve slow. Clesan the tables please!

Been to Geno's Steaks? Share your experiences!