“Listen to John”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #240 of 4,429 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

So my husband and I found this place on line. We wanted great, authentic, Philly pub food. After a busy morning of touring the city, we were pretty hungry. Not knowing what to order that was "special", we asked our waiter John. He was dead on with everything he suggested. We don't like lamb but the chips with lamb and peppercorn sauce was amazing as a starter. My husband got his typical fish and chips but I wanted something different. John recommended the chicken quesadilla. It was fantastic. He also said they serve a awesome bread pudding. We couldn't eat another bite but if I come back to this city, I'm hitting Fado ' s up again.

1  Thank kaserimac
There are newer reviews for Fado Irish Pub

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We did the Komen 3 Day in Philly and on the last day we went into this place. I think it was about 10am and it was full of people watching soccer and drinking. I loved it.
Later I went there with my wife when we were visiting Philly and she loved it too.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice place.... "authentic" created Irishness, but they do it right. Good service, they pull a nice pint, and the small plates of food we had were very well done.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Abounding with yuppies; a small but tasty late night menu; pricey drinks but likely the local going rate. Friendly bouncer and wait staff. Plenty of big screen TV's. We found a nice quiet corner where we could hear ourselves talk. Plenty of the 20's and 30's crowd here. Yummy buffalo wings and chicken fingers as well as wine.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Not much to say. Another Fado in another city. Smithwick's was good, the Harp a bit skanky (clean your hoses).