“great food and great service”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Elburn, Illinois
“great food and great service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Trythe cheese puffs and pork belly for appetizer.the meal was appetizing and the service was great.Stephanie and Darryl were entertaining beyond belief. Not only that but they served our little pup Gromit out on the patio after carding him. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013

Manheim, Pennsylvania
“A little bit of Ireland.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit. My daughter tried lamb for the first time and loved it. I had a corned beef and cabbage sandwich on flatbread which was delicious. If you like the pub atmosphere and want good Irish food. this is the place.

• Visited August 2013
Lithia, Florida
“Went twice in three days!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Authentic and rowdy and fun - and that is before the food was ordered. My first night in Philly, I walked here as it wasn't too far from my hotel. I was alone and it was early on Friday evening. I got to seat myself and found a quiet, poorly lit corner to eat and read (preparing for a conference).

Ordered Harps (their beer selection is HUGE) and an appetizer of chips with a Guiness Cheese Dip. WOW! For Dinner I ordered the Shephards Pie with a salad and they had a lager dressing for the salad. They should bottle that dressing if they haven't already. The Pie was yummy, but too many mashed potatoes, I had to dig to find the meat. But when I did, it was in a delicious gravy and the meet melted in your mouth.

By the time I left, standing room only and a queue was outside. Music blaring, people really seemed to enjoy themselves. I knew I had to come back.

So, I went back 2 nights later with friends of mine - and we ordered so much more. Tried another Irish beer and went with bangers and mash. I didn't leave a morsel! My friends ordered shrimp tacos (not really Irish but yummy) and the Boxty (a crepe looking potato pancake filled with different meats). They had nothing left on their plates either. So we all decided to share the brownie with the Guiness Ice Cream - and could barely walk back to our hotel. Would love to go back for beer and dessert again when I am next in town.

Oh, BTW, the manger brought us a sample of his strawberry and rhubarb infused Jamesion that they infuse on their premises, and it was so smooth. Quite amazing. Order it if it is available while you are there!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank drjpepper64
New York City, New York
“Good wings”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great place for a quick bite, especially the wings. Friendly staff and outdoor seating is available. Vibrant neighborhood.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Wacth Soccer (football) with a pint or three.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I overnighted in Philly and I did not want to miss the Scottish Cup Fianl and Fado was showing the game. The staff are lovely as were the other fans. I had the Irish breakfast which was a load of food but I consumed it all. YUMMY Stuff

• Visited May 2013