“Good Irish Food”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good pub grub with a Pint of Guinness. Very clean and attentive staff.Live music on the night we went enjoyable and not too noisy.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We found Fado after seeing Celtic FC play Real Madrid on Saturday where many other Celtic soccer fans were enjoying themselves. What a wonderful time we had! It was packed, but we managed to find a spot and even had a delicious meal. The whole place was buzzing and when the live Irish band started to play familiar tunes, everyone was singing. Staff was wonderful considering how hectic it all was.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This place had a great atmosphere, great food, and great staff. Overall, an awesome experience. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have been walking past this place for almost a year now and each time wondering what Fado means in Gaelic since the only Fado I knew of was the Portuguese music genre. So of course as soon as I sat down and the staff came - I asked what it meant and it turns out something to the order of "long ago" and a way used to begin stories similar to "once upon a time." The lunch menu looked extensive with perhaps a few more options than the evening fare, I chose the Pulled Lamb French Dip Sandwich, their Dogfish Head -60 Minute IPA and my wife went straight for the good stuff and had the Brown Bread Ice Cream dessert. We were both very happy with our choices and sat outside telling good stories and people watching. All in all it seems like a good basic Irish Pub with the usual characters like "Bangers and Mash" and of course Guinness. Good experience - thought it was funny and perhaps a sign of the times that if you are sitting outside they ask you for a credit card to hold - just in case. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I set this up way before we arrived - Molly helped with all the arrangements and was wonderful to work with. Our waitress and bartender were very attentive and took great care of us. I would definitely go back again.